This is what we will use

vwalan

alugas as been sold by reimo in their catalogues for years . but why .just get an adaptor from ebay 30quid fill any bottle with a few connections. or swap the bottles if in a cheap country .spain is cheaper to swap bottles .

pelmetman & pelmetlady

alugas as been sold by reimo in their catalogues for years . but why .just get an adaptor from ebay 30quid fill any bottle with a few connections. or swap the bottles if in a cheap country .spain is cheaper to swap bottles .
I could of done, but gas and glass are the two things I dont like working with, so had it done professionally for peace of mind:cool:

coolasluck

While we are both still working at our current jobs,rather than eat into our fulltiming cash we are currently saving for our full timing vehicle and all toys that it will also get.N&B,Frankia,Hymer,Burstner and Euromobile are all in my equasions and are our favoured weapons of choice.We dont have pensions our house is that so will be working where we see fit.
No doubt we will buy a house and rent it out for the income(guaranteed rental scheme) even though we are not into this idea very much how better else can you invest your cash?One thing i do know we will not be messing about with this when we are ready thats it we will be doing it.Life is most deffinatley too short.

aikidoamigo

Just a point, if you do go "Gaslow" and open an account with "Countrywide" ensure they understand your use is DOMESTIC, and you wish to be charged VAT at 5%, every little helps, as Mr Tesco says:)
How or why does this work.... who offers the gas for sale cheaper and how come the revenue allow the vat to be different? please explain how I go about buying from 'counrtywide' etc.

vwalan

hi. gas used as fuel will have fuel tax added to it . gas used for heating or domestic cooking gets vat at a cheaper rate.
its possible that all gas outlets could do this but they cant be bothered. they say they are charged extra vat. but they claim all their vat back and charge you what ever is correct . just a bit extra work for them so they dont do it. plus many try and cheat so that doesnt help.

Rob Hall

While we are both still working at our current jobs,rather than eat into our fulltiming cash we are currently saving for our full timing vehicle and all toys that it will also get.N&B,Frankia,Hymer,Burstner and Euromobile are all in my equasions and are our favoured weapons of choice.We dont have pensions our house is that so will be working where we see fit.
No doubt we will buy a house and rent it out for the income(guaranteed rental scheme) even though we are not into this idea very much how better else can you invest your cash?One thing i do know we will not be messing about with this when we are ready thats it we will be doing it.Life is most deffinatley too short.
Come on Coola, get that 'van sorted and jump in.....the waters Luuuurvley!

[quote
come on now pelmetpeople, what exactly Alugas?
Its a similar idea to Gaslow, I now have a refillable bottle which I can fill up from LPG pumps at garages etc;)....................decided to go for it after our small 907 bottles froze at Christmas in France and at £20 a time 907 bottles are not cheap:mad:[/quote]
we have gas low at the mo but will be looking to replac it with a fixed tank 62l once filled we will be good for a few months , a bit costley ,unless you are good with your hands ,ive seen some quotes up to £900 bot the tanks are from £ 200-£400 and then all the fittings ,but if you all ready have the fittings then it will be a longer hose .

Nomadic

How or why does this work.... who offers the gas for sale cheaper and how come the revenue allow the vat to be different? please explain how I go about buying from 'counrtywide' etc.
Country wide farmers cover an area in the west midlands, and will open a direct debit account with an individual, and provided you declare your use as domestic, they will chaarge you at the domestic rate. Payment is taken on the 15 of the following month. We have had an account with them for more than a year. If you look at www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk you can read it up. Look at there location outlets and if they have one close to your location it is worth the effort.
With our two 11Kgs Gaslow tanks, we fill before travelling, and so far have not had to purchase at a fuel station and pay the road tax.
I hope this helps, as said, it depends were you live.

vwalan

whats the price at countrywide for domestic gas. calor is 54.6p so i was told this morning.

vwalan

inc . i have a 1200ltr tank at home . havent had a delivery since may 2010 so didnt know the current price. it was about 45p then. not suitable for all . the worst is about 65£ a year rent on the tank. have thought about going for large bottles but it doesnt quite work out right. as it is i,m staying here this winter so cheaper the gas all the better.
thought getting rid of the tank would give me more parking room. think again in spring.
as anybody bought a big bottle lately ?if so what was the price.

BigMomma

Country wide farmers cover an area in the west midlands, and will open a direct debit account with an individual, and provided you declare your use as domestic, they will chaarge you at the domestic rate. Payment is taken on the 15 of the following month. We have had an account with them for more than a year. If you look at www.countrywidefarmers.co.uk you can read it up. Look at there location outlets and if they have one close to your location it is worth the effort.
With our two 11Kgs Gaslow tanks, we fill before travelling, and so far have not had to purchase at a fuel station and pay the road tax.
I hope this helps, as said, it depends were you live.
I too have an account with Countywide Farmers and can vouch for the economy of it over prices at the fuel station pumps. There outlets do extend beyond the West Midlands and they provide you with a book with all locations including those that are 24 Hrs. :thumb:

Rob Hall

I can't believe what I have just paid for a bottle of gas, it was £21.50 for 6kg. Do I need to see a doctor?

vwalan

yes .
but dont worry look on ebay . or pm me i can give you a supplier up by manchester that does good adaptors.
forget gaslow etc save a shilling . with adaptors you can just about fill any bottle.
mind in spain get a spanish bottle.

BigMomma

I can't believe what I have just paid for a bottle of gas, it was £21.50 for 6kg. Do I need to see a doctor?
Rob, Get yourself Gaslow now that you are fulltiming, it will pay for itself in no time at all. 40 Litres at Countrywide would cost you £26.00, you know it makes sense (and they provide the Euro adapters for when over the water).

Rob Hall

Rob, Get yourself Gaslow now that you are fulltiming, it will pay for itself in no time at all. 40 Litres at Countrywide would cost you £26.00, you know it makes sense (and they provide the Euro adapters for when over the water).
What is 40 ltrs in kg, any idea?

BigMomma

What is 40 ltrs in kg, any idea?
Yep, you work it out like this..... Double it and subtract 10% to allow for safety margin e.g. 6Kg = 12 litres - 10% = 10.8 litres capacity.

My gaslow tanks are 11Kg and I have 2 so 22Kg = 44 litres - 10% = 39.6 litre Capacity currently at £0.65p litre (Countrywide Farmers).

Rob Hall

Yep, you work it out like this..... Double it and subtract 10% to allow for safety margin e.g. 6Kg = 12 litres - 10% = 10.8 litres capacity.

My gaslow tanks are 11Kg and I have 2 so 22Kg = 44 litres - 10% = 39.6 litre Capacity currently at £0.65p litre (Countrywide Farmers).
So I was ripped then:mad:
back soon, off to see the doctor...:oops:

vwalan

rob . you just double the kg. that already as the 80%worked out.
poor old bm , we shall have to make allowances for him soon.
if you can read and think just a little bit you can save a few shilling. other wise it will take years to get your money back.

Adverts