The White Hart nr Calow

Wandering Star

Just off the M1 en route to Chesterfield is the lovely little village of Calow.
On the road to Calow is the wonderful White Hart Inn.
(N53 14 070 W001 22 644)
Great food, reasonably priced. Good selection of beers, and more importantly exceptionally friendly staff.
Very large car park and they have a very pro-motorhome attitude.
They are more than happy to let you stay overnight where you can enjoy al fresco eating and drinking, even a play area for the kids.
If you are in the area give this little gem of a pub a visit.

BigMomma

Just off the M1 en route to Chesterfield is the lovely little village of Calow.
On the road to Calow is the wonderful White Hart Inn.
(N53 14 070 W001 22 644)
Great food, reasonably priced. Good selection of beers, and more importantly exceptionally friendly staff.
Very large car park and they have a very pro-motorhome attitude.
They are more than happy to let you stay overnight where you can enjoy al fresco eating and drinking, even a play area for the kids.
If you are in the area give this little gem of a pub a visit.
Best check with Alan first to see if that can be classed as Wild Camping :giggle::giggle:

coolasluck

ooohhhhhhhhh that was a cheap shot eric:eek::speechless::speechless::smirk:

vwalan

i dont agree with pub stops they break planning regs and i,m glad we are having a list then planning can stop them all . real good idea doing a list.

vwalan

could be . whats easier for a man from council when forums etc give them a list of illegal parkings where folk sleep in their campers . .
think about it . makes authorities jobs easier.
talking on forums is one thing making lists for worldwide to see is another.
big brother is always keeping an eye open for easy pickings

coolasluck

A pointless list in my opinion as any pub with a car park with sense wouldnt have a problem.Plenty of them about just ask before you buy.After the cost of a meal/beer you may as well be on a site anyway.

BigMomma

I agree Coola, two meals and drinks would probably cost more than a campsite :eek: At least the campsite would offer more space on a pitch than a car parking bay, EHU, Toilets, Showers and a facility to empty and re-fill on-board tanks before you leave :thumb:

hpold

I agree Coola, two meals and drinks would probably cost more than a campsite :eek: At least the campsite would offer more space on a pitch than a car parking bay, EHU, Toilets, Showers and a facility to empty and re-fill on-board tanks before you leave :thumb:
Did you ask for a pensioners discount:rofl:

hpold

SDC10455.JPG We just stayed at the old hall in Caister £5 a night with elec, swimming poool, sauna and jacuzi . The Mrs got banned in a nice way. Cheaper than that you can not get not a prison camp no fences .:thumb:

Last edited:

vwalan

not so keen on electric swimming pool though !
sounds like death row . ha ha
glad you enjoyed it . is your hair all frizzy now?
remember going to caisters in the 70,s to big rock n roll weekends in the butlins i think it was . might have been ladbrookes .
but fantastic weekends .

hpold

not so keen on electric swimming pool though !
sounds like death row . ha ha
glad you enjoyed it . is your hair all frizzy now?
remember going to caisters in the 70,s to big rock n roll weekends in the butlins i think it was . might have been ladbrookes .
but fantastic weekends .
Butlins is not there any more well did not see it cheapest place for chips, you could say cheap as chips only 70p on the market. Good dog racing though. Quiet a few mohos there to.

Steve Freeman

could be . whats easier for a man from council when forums etc give them a list of illegal parkings where folk sleep in their campers . .
think about it . makes authorities jobs easier.
talking on forums is one thing making lists for worldwide to see is another.
big brother is always keeping an eye open for easy pickings
Yes, but the council doesn't do anything about this kind of thing until they receive complaints, and sometimes they need several. And you are assuming they know how to use the Internet.

hpold

Did put the price cahnge up on our stops it still is £5 but went up to £15 and you get a voucher for !10 to spend in the pub on drink or meals still works out the same if you go in for a drink .

Adverts