Sureterm Direct insurance Rip Off

has anyone else had probelems with Surterm direct?
just tryed to get my damaged windscreen replaced and been told i will have to pay every thing over £1000.00 cost they say is £2,300 for one side of the windscreen on my Fleetwood Bounder

vwalan

hi.lots have a limit that they go up to. sorry to say it but didnt you check before you went with them.
thats the beauty of trucks .most truck screens are cheaper than cars . had one only last year for a mates daf 45 hundred quid fitted at the mobile windscreen depot.

no limit stated by broker or in schedule.that what my gripe is about. and i dont want to live in a truck i did that for 20 years and i was s**t

vwalan

hi .i mean a truck base vehicle .
this is the trouble with having an rv. some things are just expensive .
its only a truck with a fancy body though . shame the builders didnt use a more sensibly priced screen.
hard to even guess where they get these prices . some of the european campers like flairs have telephone number prices for windscreens as well. bit of a b---er i should imagine. what with screens and limited recovery by some i,m lucky i can at least leave the trailer behind to come back for it . not much to go wrong with the trailer . soon make wheels turn. or get a another pick up under the nose.
hope you get sorted .

so back to what i was on about has anyone had a claim with sureterm Direct and did they pay out or aggue the settlement.

BigMomma

I do comparisons every year before I decide who to renew with. I remember looking at Sureterm and discounting them as they did not have favourable comparative terms and conditions with the likes of Comfort, Safeguard, Caravan Guard etc. The schedule only gives an outline of the cover provided but there are always 'exceptions and exemptions' in the actual policy documents so tehse should always be checked. I know that is no good to you now as the 'Horse has already bolted' so to speak, unless you cannot find any mention of an upper limit on either the schedule or within the policy itself, if that is the case I would argue the case as strong as you can, don't let them fob you off, if you become a thorn in their side they will either settle completely or at least come to an amicable compromise. I have done this with Travel Insurance in the last year and after 3 letters they finally settled 100% :thumb:

i have already started to argue my point and i wont let it go. they are all the same just try it on but i wondered if anyone else had dealings with them

johnnerontheroad

David,

I would ask you question on an RV forum they would be more likely have had a problem like yours, I have unlimited glass from SAGA but they will not cover Americans (RVs).

Good luck

Dave

vwalan

i was with saga a while ago .got hit in portugal .managed to keep it going but with no lights . saga did a very good job of handling it all. as it was they didnt realize it was a 5er they were insuring . they did check phone calls and agreed i had told them .i changed insurance companies before it ran out with them as theyt may have refused the next time . but saga were very helpfull . i would consider moving back with them if they decide to cover 5ers . even with the confusion they never once tried any tricks . full marks to saga .
doesnt help david i know but crack on dont let them get you down . you can speak or right to financial ombudsman or the association of british insurers pm me if you need more info .both are helpfull and will investigate for you.
checkyour policey it usually as their contact details in there somewhere.

John and Joan

Hi Alan, Nowt to do with what you posted but I've just found your Street Map Of Cornwall book. Sorry about that. Will post it to you ASAP. Hope you are well. Say hi to Lindsey for me.
Joan.:)

vwalan

dont worry .i realised you had it .not worth posting . pass it back another day.if not keep it . i,m sure we shall meet again .

coolasluck

Thats strange as those Thompsons also have a street map of devon book that i loaned out to them :rofl::rofl:

coolasluck

On a serious note John and Joan a question for you.
If you were starting out on fulltiming again with regards to the aggro you have had with your generator would you reccomend an alternate on board generator or would you just keep buying the quiet kippor gennies?

vwalan

coola get a big noisey gennie that will work drills grinders welders etc . may be a diesel or a big petrol. youonly want to use it in emergency. then get lots of solar panels .and batteries .them little gennies are hopeless . big solar .bat to battery charger for when driving . you know it makes sense.its no good playing at it get it right first time. you can get a good 2.8 or bigger petrol gennie for 250 quid . if you catch the irish boys going round the garages you might get it for less.

coolasluck

On another note,i may make an announcement on here over the weekend,mums the word though alan.
Where did you say you get the best solar panels from?

vwalan

coolasluck

What about the 130 watt panels mate?

vwalan

hi .i use the 80wt as they fit nice across my trailer in a bank of three . also i thought if one goes down i can still use the others . if you have big panels and a stone gets chucked you lose all of it .several in a bank hopefully some will be ok. plus 80 seems to be a world wide size .and shape .
thats only my view . others may think different .

coolasluck

Mine would be 130 though asis now;)

vwalan

wait and see what size fits on what ever you get . 2x80 are only slightly bigger in actual size than a 130 but the width may not be a problem. break a 130 lose it all break 1 at 80 still got 80.

Adverts