Sunny Cornwall!!

snail

That's the first joke over?

As some of you will know we decided to try our hand at helping out on a campsite, we are now about eight weeks in.

It has been easier than expected, only doing twelve to fifteen hours a week, emptying bins, cleaning toilets at weekends, folding fire starters from old newspapers.

In return we have free pitch, ehu, WiFi, washing machine, toilets showers etc, although no pay we are saving money, the owners are very nice people and easy to get on with.

The site has only forty pitches, half ehu, half tent camping, adults only and dog friendly, so we get lots of cuddles with the four leg variety.

It's a long time since we have been on a commercial site, not a club site, must say it has a high standard and very nice atmosphere with the hiring out of fire pits and logs to burn, outside catering each week we get visits from chip van, cocktail van, bar from converted horsebox, wood fired pizza trailer making fresh to order, breakfast trailer and a nacho snack van, very hard to resist as set up opposite our pitch.

So if you were thinking along these lines yourself I would say give it a try, hardest part? Cornwall weather and staying still! As our favourite Count often says roll on summer in October!!

Bri n Jan

vwalan

hi, yes the weather hasnt been the best i have known , but not the worst either .
lovely today if you are short of water ,hee hee ,the rain in spain is on cornwall at the moment .
mind its actually drying now and its almost like the sun will come out , fingers crossed . have fun ,might see you down there again .

vwalan

well the sun did come out for awhile and i did go down to see mr,and mrs snail. but they werent in . had a nice rode to pentewan then up the steep road back to trenarran ,porthpean and back home .
did 36km on my little dax 90cc bike , only managed to just squeeze 1ltr of fuel back in , only just got the cap on . so a quick work out and its doing about 101mpg if you dont thrash it just be happy at about 30mph .
it will do 60mph but its a bit thrashing it then . was a lovely 2hrs riding in narrow lanes with grass growing in the middle . the birds etc fantastic . did see a few dead rabbits and one dead badger , in the roads but the scenery in places cant be beaten anywhere . i d o like living here . shame they were out but always a next time .

Merle

Road kill tea for a few days then Al :)
BTW I gave snail the nod you were going, so I guess he scarpered quick :) :) :)

vwalan

no come on road kill will kill you. animals have to be bled properly ,remember i am a slaughterman and a chef .
once tried a lamb that a mate had hit on the moors , he called me as soon as he got home . we hung it up but even then it hadnt bled properly . it tasted horrible . they really need bleeding with the heart pumping . was always told it but once i had tried it without i know i was told correct.
leave road kill alone .

snail

Hi hp, wrong campsite, it's in pentewan valley.

Sorry we missed you AL, went for a wander as rain stopped for a while, went to Eden project other day but prefer Heligan, had a look at St Blazey motorbikes all off road stuff, still Millie going ok
Any interest on the Drifter?

vwalan

Hi hp, wrong campsite, it's in pentewan valley.

Sorry we missed you AL, went for a wander as rain stopped for a while, went to Eden project other day but prefer Heligan, had a look at St Blazey motorbikes all off road stuff, still Millie going ok
Any interest on the Drifter?
no not really .had a few stop but not gone yet.
mind i dont really mind .
but it would be nice to put the grasstracker back on the road . it will wait .
i,m still considering changing the back bedroom window to french doors . never know i might start a m,bike museum . ha ha
and yes eden is a bit over rated , but you gotta go once . heligan is much nicer.
st blazey do keep ordinary bits for road bikes as well. or can get stuff if you need it .

Merle

no come on road kill will kill you. animals have to be bled properly ,remember i am a slaughterman and a chef .
once tried a lamb that a mate had hit on the moors , he called me as soon as he got home . we hung it up but even then it hadnt bled properly . it tasted horrible . they really need bleeding with the heart pumping . was always told it but once i had tried it without i know i was told correct.
leave road kill alone .
But it's free!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

snail

we had a ride down to st mawes yesterday and a visit/ look round the castle, lovely little place but guessing quite affluent as still two banks, post office, butchers etc in a small village?

vwalan

did you take any of the ferries?
it is a lovely area though , i have freiends that live at treviskey . theu were customers that travelled round the world in a vw camper took 3years .
quite often go to see them then on to portloe and follow the coast. portscatho etc then back up and down through st just in roseland ,its really pretty.
this is why i love cornwall so much ,its on my door step and makes very pleasant ride outs on a sunny after noon.
was you in the van or on milly .
mind the other side of falmouth along the coast is nice as well helford passage etc is beautiful. shame the winters arent like spain britain does have really lovely scenery all over the place really .
enjoy the cornish countryside though and smile when you see grass growing in the center of the road thats real cornwall.

snail

hi al we went on millie, good ride out round the lanes, no ferries for me! just a land lover! quite a few going home early today fed up with the rain?
suppose it can be a bit tiresome in a small tent?

vwalan

thats good , its really nice out on the bikes if its not raining .
a useful map is the philips street atlas of cornwall . you can get a pocket sized one.
think i got mine either wh smiths or trago. 5.99 handy for those little sneaky lanes .
but i,m sure you had fun , some lovely pretty villages along that way.
not so good for driving trucks on them though .
mind had to driving the sewage trucks or even some of the big delivery trucks . hardly any room for others on them narrow lanes . that area was a regular run for me. better on the bike though .

vwalan

well 15 minutes ago it was tipping it down . now the sun has come out and its hard to believe it was raining just now . gone from black sky to real bright blue . mind not sure it can be trusted . the forecast is rainy showers with sun . its supposed to be just sunny at this time of the year.

BigMomma

I know !! Keep looking at the weather in Spain & Portugal, now they know how to do summers, let alone Winters :thumb: Will this Brexit malarkey spoil your winter trips to Spain in the future if you can only do 90 days at one time or will you just do two separate trips, mind you that would mean two lots of return ferry trips ?

vwalan

dont be silly you use 6 weeks in spain 90 days in morocco then finish off the rest of the time back in spain /portugal. did it for years . just go back to doing it again .
salah malikum. la bez ,becker ,gouche becker. alahmda lullah.

vwalan

so far its rained 6 times today and in between been really nice .
i have my drifter on the front for sale . each time i give it a window leather no sooner i finish it blinking rains again . must be my fault.

Adverts