summer sun tour

Dunroamin

Got back to Germany last week,did theTUV and inspection for the"Historic Vehicle"new plate with H number.Lost the "Showmans"number as we dont do events anymore and now we have to pay road tax,190Euros a year.At Heikes mums for another week or so then on to "Sahara Willys"at the end of the month,more than 1,000 trucks expected.Still Turkey on the cards for winter just not sure whether overland or ferry. Talked to a Turk here in the village who has British passport and regularly back and forward between Britain,Germany and Turkey on bizzyness.He reckons all quiet and no probs.

snail

Hi guys, we have been stopping here and there along the coast 16 years since last this way! Things have moved on a bit more and more Aires are now card payments with barriers, cheaper ones you have to pay for water usually 2 euro, unfortunately with the newer bornes if you have to pay for water this also means cassette rinse water as well! So get yourself a bucket cut a v in the rim to enable pouring and use your grey water to rinse, it's not that I'm tight but not paying 2 euro to wash the cassette when the fresh tank is 75% full, one other thing I found was that a couple of bornes only had a female hoselock connecter sticking out no threaded tap to screw onto so go to b and q and buy a male to male connecter luckily I have one, well we are up on the landing beaches now will be home beginning of September I guess, still not booked so will see?

Stay safe and have fun
Snails

Silver Drifter

Anyone down on Lefkas Island Greece? O M G how hot is it here.....you tend to forget even though I used to work out here sailing.
The fridge is working as hard as it can but the Mythos is still only just about chilled........it's hard, but hey-ho........

chrisjones18

We are in the sun at Dorset Steam Fair. It starts friday .
Leaving next Tuesday and heading for Devon. (Coast)
Hope it stays suuny

Dunroamin

Hi Snail,you werent even born when the war was on,I dont understand people who want to live in the past,its over!!!!!! Apart from which the English must be the only nation in the world that celebrates defeat,Normandy Landings !!!!!!

BigMomma

Unfortunately, the term used during these annual memorial ceremonies is 'Lest we forget', but it appears to me that we learn nothing from any of the past atrocities and so history keeps repeating itself. If I believed that remembering the past would be beneficial to the future then perhaps I would feel differently and I have served in three separate 'operational conflicts', both Gulf Wars and the Balkans conflict !! We spend vast amounts of tax payers money on sending troops to different parts of the world, we spend vast amounts of tax payers money on making munitions for the sole purpose of causing death and destruction, we destroy buildings, towns and whole infrastructures, then using tax payers money we go back to these places we have destroyed and spend tax payers money on re-building them again, what an utter waste of money. Many of the Countries we have invaded and got rid of so called 'dictators' are now very much worse off than they were before we stuck our noses in, that's progress isn't it ? I believe we should have the ability to defend our own Country but many of the invasions we are party to have nothing to do with a threat to the United Kingdom. The Government will tell lies to justify their agreement to join forces with other nations, notably our cousins across the pond, but this has nothing to do with ridding the world of so called evil dictatorships, it is all to do with political blackmail, if we are not seen to be joining forces then we will suffer the consequences. 'Lest we forget' ? Perhaps it is time to ask 'Why' before we agree to kill people and destroy other Countries.

coolasluck

Bored tonight are we eric:rofl:

BigMomma

Bored tonight are we eric:rofl:
I would so love to have a chance to be bored :giggle: 7 weeks today and we will be in Spain and 23 weeks to find time for the occasional periods of boredom, or as a fulltimer once corrected me, there is no such thing as boredom, they are called 'loose moments' :D You still back in the UK ?

coolasluck

For now leaving these shores in a couple of weeks.Got to make the most of it before brexit messes it up for us,

snail

So Dunroamin, I cant be interested in WW2 history now then? defeated think you got that the wrong way round?

don't know I even bother

seeya

BigMomma

Apart from which the English must be the only nation in the world that celebrates defeat,Normandy Landings !!!!!!
We may have lost a battle or two but in the end we won that particular war ;) The important thing was that we were actually defending ourselves from invasionery hostile forces, unlike many of the Wars we get involved with these days :wasntme: Were those World Wars beneficial ? Well we are no longer at War with Germany (if you do not include Brexit :giggle:)

coolasluck

Still .. Germany in my opinion has far too much power in Europe after 2 world wars we still haven't learnt

chrisjones18

For now leaving these shores in a couple of weeks.Got to make the most of it before brexit messes it up for us,
We have thought about that one.....£6k to £8k for the southern hemisphere all in. For an extendable 12 months....
Rain has arrived in Dorset....

chrisjones18

What do you mean by 'all in' ?
Rough quote including insurance to take mine to Australia for 12 months from sea bridge. You can leave everything in the motorhome. From UK to any port in Aus.
Works on cubic mtrs.
Flights extra.

BigMomma

Do you have to have your vehicle specially prepared e.g. Steam cleaned to prevent foreign bodies and bacteria contamination being introduced, or is that only New Zealand ? Is the Insurance just to cover the transportation or is that vehicle insurance to cover the 12 month period. How much does it cost for the travel Visas ?

Adverts