Stay full time on a Farm.

Discussion in 'Fulltimer Sites' started by De Crocket, Jun 16, 2015.

1. De Crocket

De Crocket New Member

Just feeling the water here , my nephew has a small farm ,he is thinking of letting someone stay full time in a Motorhome on the Farm, in exchange for a place to stay he is thinking of asking for a couple of hours work per day by arrangement from whoever stays ,just helping keep the general area tidy, cut the grass and trim the bushes, Electricity could be supplied at about a fiver a day or maybe free if prepared to work a bit longer, The farm is a Chicken Farm, only one barn in use for Chickens,[ and it is let to another person so no involvement in this would be required,and it is far from where the Van would park] , the Farm is in Rural Hampshire ,close to Netherwallop Army Air Base , good for Helicopter spotting etc. Closest town would be Andover, Stockbridge and Salisbury, The lanes to the Farm are narrow but large vehicles would have no problems getting to the Farm, it would be good if anyone staying had a car maybe a TOAD as it would be easier than taking the van out often, So what do you think, would anyone be interested in a deal such as this , there would be plenty of room for several vans but initially he is just thinking of one, this is not a commercial plan and he would not be seeking planning permission for a camp site, rather just friends staying over type of thing.

2. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

could suit a few . i have several friends that do similar. stop on farms . usually bit of security for the farmer.
    i,m sure someone might give you a shout . any way welcome to the mad house .

Paul Rogan and De Crocket like this.
  3. Shrimp

Shrimp Active Member

Could be interesting. Not sure what the authorities would make of it if 'they' find out!

4. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

well dont tell them and hope they dont get told .
    ideally give the camper some cover so it cant be seen from a road etc . thousands are doing it already.

5. BigMomma

BigMomma Well-Known Member

You mention Electric, what about dumping of 'Grey' and 'Black' waste ? I am assuming that as it is a farm there is ready access to a 'Fresh Water' tap.

6. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

most farm yard already have septic tanks somewhere or even main drains these days . but years ago septic tanks were every where in the country.
    as for water might be mains might be a bore hole .
    many even houses round here are bore holes . and septic tanks
    i have a septic in my garden . shame the old lady that used to live here went on mains sewage 5 years before we moved here. could have saved some rates if they would let me go back to it but i cant .

7. hpold

hpold Well-Known Member

Thats good he could just rent the plot out as a garden with facilities . Paul Rogan is doing it up north look at his site details below.
    Stainland, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, HX4 9HF
    vivo@cliffemanor.co.uk
    07929 146 802
    Private Aire, Overnight Parking is free.
    Services for which extra charges are required in honesty box please:-
    Electric Hook-up £2.50/night
    Basic Services £2.
    Enhanced Services £3/night
    The owner is an avid motor homer so just give him a call .
    I used to work there on a sat in the sixties mucking out as I was at middle wallop then, a few others did so to get a bit of extra cash.

8. Paul Rogan

Paul Rogan New Member

This seems like a good central spot for Salisbury, Andover and Winchester. What is the postcode please?

9. hpold

hpold Well-Known Member

This is the closest poet code I could get it is on the right hand side as you go through middle wallop to salsbury .SO20 8EJ.

10. Melernie

Melernie New Member

11. Melernie

Melernie New Member

Hi this is EXACTLY what i am looking for. I can offer compensation or look after chickens but i am a bit hopeless and past it with yard work. I am wanting to make the move to full-time van life in my converted merc sprinter. This is my preferred area and I have been looking everywhere and can't find anything. I am a registered professional and still plan to work for myself so have references. I do have a chihauhau but he doesn't need to go out on site he has his own room in the van and goes with me everywhere. He doesn't really get out of bed he's a lazy couch potato.

12. chrisjones18

chrisjones18 Well-Known Member

the council around me will let I motorhome or I caravan to be parked in the "garden" of a property without planning or and legal documentation.
    it is classed as an extra bedroom so you need access to toilet and kitchen in main house [you don't need to use them] .
    they told us to apply for planning as this gives you the legal right to do it with no hassle. do it to look after someone

13. coolasluck

coolasluck Well-Known Member

Remember that the op was nearly 2 years ago.

14. chrisjones18

chrisjones18 Well-Known Member

How did I not spot the date.....doh.
    Well done coola.
    My bit with the council was within the last 12 months. Though we did not go ahead as Sally's mum got admitted to hospital and passed away in September. . No worries though.