Spain - winter 2017/18

Discussion in 'Fulltimer Sites' started by Michael Woollard, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Michael Woollard

Michael Woollard New Member

We are currently in France and plan on heading to Spain late December for the winter, any suggestions on where to stay?

2. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

hi welcome . just follow the med . watch the weather and move down as it gets colder.
    mind november and december if france can be rather chilly.

3. voyagerstan

voyagerstan Active Member

Spain can be wet and cold , oh yes crowded too .

4. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

mind so can morocco.

5. Silver Drifter

Silver Drifter Active Member

Sadly, the usual popular stay over park-ups along the Spanish Med coast are being closed off one by one (there is simply too many of us!). Inland is still OK, but is higher and colder as a general rule. Should be an interesting winter I think.......

6. BigMomma

BigMomma Well-Known Member

We noticed a difference in our second year's tour and that was two years ago !! The 'travelling' Winter Motorhome Community is either growing or the mass migration to Morocco may be slowing down, due to fears from IS. However, might see a change now that things on that front are calming down.

7. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

the morocco visits hasnt gone down , there were over 60.000 campers got into morocco last winter.
    a friend runs guided tours and gets a yearly moroccan tourist info. there really are thousands of more m,homers every year.
    years ago every one knew almost everyone that regularly toured .
    IS arent really a threat. had more from the ira years ago. or the basques groups at one time.
    even spain shutting the border with gibralter when uk marines invaded spanish beaches at la linea .
    had to stay on the mud park and watch my mate pens camper as he was trapped in gib for 5 days .
    good old british military invade the wrong beach.

8. BigMomma

BigMomma Well-Known Member

Maybe just the French in decline then :wasntme: We have had lots of French vans on site this year and on speaking to them, they told me that lots of French who regularly enjoyed going to Morocco gave it a miss last year due to the perceived threat from IS. Mind you, depends on the interpretation of the word 'lots' I suppose ;)

9. Michael Woollard

Michael Woollard New Member

Thanks for the replies - all helpful