Spain & Portugal

Discussion in 'Wildcamping in Europe' started by DonnaG, Mar 21, 2013.

1. BigMomma

BigMomma Well-Known Member

If this area was/is Private Land then should this have been used for 'Wildcamping' without the owners consent in the first place. This doesn't sound like a Wildcamping location lost but an owner protecting his land.

Fatima Saysell likes this.
  2. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

the goat field was owned by an old lady that let m,homers use it years ago. later she told her family to let it go on . she moved into mazzaron . then after she died one of her family decided to charge ,but the other made a fuss and it was free again.
    at times the police/guardia have taped it off so no entry .
    first used it about 25 yrs ago.
    the well by the old buildings was clean back then .
    like every where it changes perchelas a bit west of there was great untill about 15 years ago then got gated off in winter.
    lots places go ,new ones seem to be coming .
    at one time you could take a track to perchelas from the goat field but it got harder a few years ago.
    mind porte mazzaron had several nice places that are gone now .

3. Fatima Saysell

Fatima Saysell Well-Known Member

Can't talk about the South, but we are certainly enjoying and making the most of new Aires in northern Spain, all the way from Bilbao to Galicia. Today, we are at stunning aire in Tapia de Casariego, by Ribadeo, for only €4, water but no EHU. Amazing sea views too!

4. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

the little one not far from the beach area . bit tight for us in trucks .
    but soon you may come across pr. xilloi. nice there not an aire . toilets water and showers .plus nice locals .
    we have stopped at pr de area as well . that would be on the way for you. but you are getting to some nice coves etc
    tapia is a good surfing place .
    did you stop in playa aguilar on the way its nice there .
    also cabo de penas out by the lighthouse ,amazing views from there . hug the sea loads nice places .
    pr xillio was one of the places we thought about moving to when the kids were young.
    you are in one of my favourite areas . its real nice there

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  5. Fatima Saysell

Thanks, Alan. There are so many beaches and coves here, you are really spoilt for choice, but we are going straight to La Coruña tomorrow to see my family. There is a new aire at the Marina, a bit pricey, but as we'll be staying 6 days, we get 30% off and we'll be right by town centre, Calle de los Vinos, etc. Finisterre after that. Still very warm here too! :thumb:

6. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

if it was warmer right through the winter i could spend all winter just around that area .
    mind i do like it south down the coast as well cabo udra way.
    mind you should go by the coast . slowly . slowly .

7. Fatima Saysell

Yes, I know what you mean: quite chilly 1st thing, but warms up by mid morning. New motorway very good all the way from Bilbao. Old road was a nightmare.

8. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

come on you know i wouldnt use the m,way . i think it cut the old roads up terrible . i like the old roads.mind we watched it being built .there is some fantastic bridges along the way.
    in some places there is old almost cart tracks with two other roads as well each one a bit wider then the m,way way up above looking down on them all.
    i do have some old maps if you want to relive the old days .ha ha .
    i remember one trip there was a corrugated iron roof built over an old road while they were constructing the m,way above . must have been magic stuff as if something fell from the top dont think it would help much. but it looked funny. have a good one
    sunny here today after 2 days rain . not cold but not warm either . be out on the m,bike later all being well.

9. Fatima Saysell

We have just crossed all those bridges and they are brilliant. Free motorway too !

10. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

i think driving trucks for a living etc normally on m,ways to get there and back as fast as you can is one of the reasons i dont use them . birmingham or london and back to cornwall in 10 hours even quicker some times . then dont switch off as the next driver gets in changes trailer and does the same run you have just done . each doing 500mls abouts .
    preferred my dads way slowly slowly.
    i love the little villages etc , might be living here for most of my uk life i still do it . wave at the locals , be out later passes a couple hours . visit a few friends on the way.
    no motorways in cornwall.

11. Fatima Saysell

We prefer old roads too, but I just wanted to get there now. Entering La Coruña now! Bye!