Spain & Portugal

DonnaG

SPAIN

Cabo Finisterre

A reasonably level grassy area right on the cliff top facing the faro. Fabulous - can't wait for sundown (for more than the stunning view!)

Ive wanted to come here ever since I heard it on the Light Programme shipping forecasts!
Another day.......another box ticked☺

We've stayed there, it's a great place, isn't it? :thumb:

hpold

Happy easter Silver found any easter eggs yet? Also to all 365ers a Happy Easter and safe and happy journey . Lulu is still in the garage in resucitation think I should be a precurment angent for them getting the parts just waiting for one bit now.:thumb:

Silver Drifter

ALICANTE
I've come to a great care park/aire just a few clicks South of Alicante airport - in fact I drove through the flight path!
CLOT de GALVANY
It's a fenced car park -platja del carabassi, with a packed clay/stone surface and is tucked behind sand dunes - nothing here cept another few vans, a fabulous long sandy beach, oh, and a nudist beach ☺(sadly deserted - I did check!)
Sadly they have put up a No Moho sign here! And bang goes another free spot!

Silver Drifter

Calabardina Murcia

Many of us have parked on the beach between Calabardina and Murcia, this place is a little further on past Calabardina, about 2km on the right as you head into open countryside. It's a small sandy cove I'm sharing with 2 Spanish caravans....VERY quiet......but stunning.....

vwalan

hi we are at gandia . bwb is here for the night . coolla was up the road at xeraco might still be there all ok free parking rules . cheers have fun .

coolasluck

hi we are at gandia . bwb is here for the night . coolla was up the road at xeraco might still be there all ok free parking rules . cheers have fun .

Coming back to see if i can find you tomorrow will start off at venicia i think thats what its called.Did a laundry run and a shop today now parked on a street in piles.My bloody phones sim has run out again.Fed up with this bloody smart phone.I have been using the free wifi at xeraco and had the data switched off so i dont know what has gone on.Caught up with eastenders though :blush:

BwB

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the, err, yesterday :( (hey, I never said I was a poet) Still, I can see the sunrise and the stars this morning so everything is back to normal. Alan n Bob hosted us at their private aire a couple of days ago which was good to catch up. Missed Coolasluck though, we though you might turn up before we left but might see you yet as we're only down the road.

Silver Drifter

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the, err, yesterday :( (hey, I never said I was a poet) Still, I can see the sunrise and the stars this morning so everything is back to normal. Alan n Bob hosted us at their private aire a couple of days ago which was good to catch up. Missed Coolasluck though, we though you might turn up before we left but might see you yet as we're only down the road.
Hi, who's where? I'm down on Palm trees next bay round from Playa Carolina

BwB

Think you're much further south than us. We're in Calpe and vwalan and coolasluck are North of us. I'll be down near Catagena in a few weeks but that's still North of you I guess.

BigMomma

For anyone looking at wanting to come down to the Costa del Sol, today I went to Havana Beach (No Caravan or Motorhomes signage) and just around the corner, on wasteland next to Estepona Marina, were 16 Motorhomes ranging between 6m-10m in length just free camping. It looks as though it is a tolerated parking area as the gates were open, looked as if they are never closed from the state of them. As I say, right next to the Marina (Cafes, Bars, Restaurants, Shops) and a reasonably easy walk along the promenade into the centre of Estepona. No facilities on parking area so go with Full/Empty tanks as appropriate. Nice sunny spot if you have solar, was clear blue skies and 22 degrees(c) today :cool:

BigMomma

Hey ! I feel the same way for 8 months of the year when you lot are swanning around France, Italy, Scandinavia etc whilst Whilst I am working. However, it's nice to read about other peoples travels to while away the months until i can get back on the road again or back to the apartment :thumb:

vwalan

thought you had a flat.
apartment is just a posh name for a flat.
most in spain look like tenament blocks on council estates .
anyway you make your choices , we will make ours .
after all we cant all be making bad ones . ha ha

BigMomma

thought you had a flat.
apartment is just a posh name for a flat.
most in spain look like tenament blocks on council estates .
anyway you make your choices , we will make ours .
after all we cant all be making bad ones . ha ha
If these are bad decisions I am making, long may they continue :thumb:

BwB

My bad choice was buying some mussels from the port, steaming them in a wine and garlic sauce and then scoffing the lot on the terrace. Bloody lovely. The bad choice? Should have bought another few kilo :)

vwalan

hi brian , was going to tx you tonight . where we normally stop in calpe was blocked off . then the big area by the rock has been fenced off . the road by lidl etc was packed so we drove on . just north of alicante now .
if we dont see you this trip again have a good one .

Adverts