Spain & Portugal

Silver Drifter

ALICANTE
I've come to a great care park/aire just a few clicks South of Alicante airport - in fact I drove through the flight path!
CLOT de GALVANY
It's a fenced car park -platja del carabassi, with a packed clay/stone surface and is tucked behind sand dunes - nothing here cept another few vans, a fabulous long sandy beach, oh, and a nudist beach ☺(sadly deserted - I did check!)

Last edited:

Silver Drifter

Aguilas Carnival started last night (at 11.45 how very Spanish!) And is on until the 21st. Should you wish to come you can park/sleep on the road next to the estacion de tren (head for the train station) where there is plenty of room. I stay overnight there then come up to Calabardina for the day to chill☺

John and Joan

Aguilas Carnival started last night (at 11.45 how very Spanish!) And is on until the 21st. Should you wish to come you can park/sleep on the road next to the estacion de tren (head for the train station) where there is plenty of room. I stay overnight there then come up to Calabardina for the day to chill☺
Have you got the coordinates for the Alicante spot please?

BigMomma

Our time in the apartment is drawing to a close, we'll be back on the road on 1st April :confused: (no joke...)

Rough plan... Tabernas, Granada, Cordoba, Lisbon, La Coruna, Picos de Europa... with obviously lots of places inbetween.

If anyone can pass on info of wilding spots or cheap aires, I'd appreciate it. If you'd rather PM them to me, no probs.

Thanks all :)
Donna, when you have WiFi go on to Google and type in 'Campingcarportugal' it will give you a list 'by Region' of all the Aires in Portugal :thumb:

Silver Drifter

Cala de Mijas

Huge level area adjacent to A7 complete with water and casette drop off☺

Site is popular and within a couple of minutes walk from the village with the usual array of supermarkets, bars etc. The rumour is that it will be a formal camper stop next year.

vwalan

Have you got the coordinates for the Alicante spot please?
its just south of arenals and can get very packed .
called in a few weeks ago but was like sardine tin. there is water in arenals in the main drag by sea front . lots of taps .

Silver Drifter

Puerto Sancti Petri - south of Cadiz. (sorry, no coordinates )
A large flat compact earth central carpark (without facilities) in this lovely watersports venue. It's out on a peninsula so follow signs for Deportivo marina, (j7 on E5) through Chiclana, go around the one way system at the end of the peninsula and its signed on your left.
Bring goodies with you.......there are a couple of nice bar/cafés but you stand more chance of buying a sail board than a carton of milk!!

Silver Drifter

ROTA
On the coast, west of Jerez. Leave the A491 at the A2076 and continue on until you see a CEPSA service station. The site is a municipal Aire on tarmac with water and casette drop off just before the service station.

What a lovely place Rota is. The free Aire (listed in the superb Motorhome Parkings web page) is a little way out of town, but it's a fabulous walk into the gorgeous centre by way of a paseo through woodland. Highly recommend ☺☺

Silver Drifter

PORTUGAL

TOMAR.....municipal camp site €6.40 inc hot showers, EHU, WiFi
Nice grassy mixed site (There's a scoutcamp here at the moment...in tents! I'm still in my sleeping bag under a duvet!)
A lovely riverside town and the Templar castle is wonderful, highly recommended if you find yourself in the middle of Portugal for any random reason

Silver Drifter

PORTUGAL

Vila Nova d e Cerveira. Free motorhome Aire, water, waste disposal on an illuminated tarmac carpark next to a delightful small town with lovely riverside walks/cycle track.

Just inside Portugal being on the south bank of the river Mino,and alongside the N13.

Silver Drifter

SPAIN

Santa Eugeria (Ribeira)
North of the bay of Arousa,which is south west of Santiago. The town has a busy port with attatched marina and a fantastic wide sandy bay.
Directions to beach side car park.
On dropping down the hill into town, turn left at the T junction and carry on for 300/400m then turn right at the P sign. None of the usual facilities, but I'm parked next to an external gym space which makes me feel more healthy!☺

Silver Drifter

SPAIN

Muros, west of Santiago. A lovely port town very reminiscent of a Welsh town, surrounded by green hills covered in cloud!!
Parking is on the quay, no facilities but well worth a visit.

Attachments

Silver Drifter

SPAIN

Cabo Finisterre

A reasonably level grassy area right on the cliff top facing the faro. Fabulous - can't wait for sundown (for more than the stunning view!)

Ive wanted to come here ever since I heard it on the Light Programme shipping forecasts!
Another day.......another box ticked☺

Silver Drifter

This should have been with above!

Attachments

Silver Drifter

SPAIN

Corme-porto

West from A Coruña
What a wonderful part of Spain this is, just like driving through Devon but with sunshine! The working port of this little village has loads of parking with rolling hills as a backdrop. Loving this journey☺

Attachments

Silver Drifter

SPAIN

Cervo

Another delightful small town with beaches, headland and an estuary. The dedicated Aire is next to picnic and outdoor gym area. Lovely spot.

Attachments

Adverts