Spain & Portugal

DonnaG

Our time in the apartment is drawing to a close, we'll be back on the road on 1st April :confused: (no joke...)

Rough plan... Tabernas, Granada, Cordoba, Lisbon, La Coruna, Picos de Europa... with obviously lots of places inbetween.

If anyone can pass on info of wilding spots or cheap aires, I'd appreciate it. If you'd rather PM them to me, no probs.

Thanks all :)

vwalan

only time we have been asked to move this winter was in san pedro de alcantera .one road back from where we were.
last time we were shown the road we were parked by the guardia . this year it had changed . but free parking is available all over portugal .think you will not find it a hard job. the lads have had almost a week in lisbon free parking on a carpark. (my son and another lad in a truck.)
no steps no chairs etc all is well.
no levelling ramps either is the answer.

vwalan

no , missed that ,but there are loads of places from mazarron to calnegro. i think there will always be a bit to use. mind some vans will not ever get there . think the narrow bit by the big rocks at mazarron end will stop them . we got through though.

Silver Drifter

SPAIN
el port de Sagunt (North of Valencia) or according to the sun dial on the esplanade...39.40N 0.13E.

The area is a large clay surface car park that is between the seafront bars and a park/grassy area that forms part of a very long esplanade. One way from the car park takes one past the bars and toward the marina whilst the other way heads toward the port and is very quiet and the beach is more natural with small dunes etc. It's really lovely and as I'm parked next to the park area, the smell of the flowering shrubs is lovely.
Sadly there's no water close by, but there is a loo about 100 along the esplanade.

DIRECTIONS
from Sagunt town head out on the spur road toward the port or hospital. When you see the sea ahead of you turn right at the T junction and the car park is a couple of hundred metres on your left at the traffic island.

vwalan

yes . just becareful we got moved from there in dec last year.
mind there is some parking in the village in the woods not far from there still by the sea almost and a tap.

vwalan

there is some real good chinese shops around there bit in land from port . also lots parking around them .
should you need it .
the best bit of having the monkey bikes is being able to run around all over looking for taps etc . but there used to be a tap just the east side of the ports . might have been on the toilet block . mind they do get rid of them if used alot .
its a bit weird around there almopst feel like your on an aiport runway .

Silver Drifter

yes . just becareful we got moved from there in dec last year.
mind there is some parking in the village in the woods not far from there still by the sea almost and a tap.
Silver that grid put's you in the sea east of Valencia.:wondering:
Morning, at great expense I had another look at the sundial on y way back from breakfast, and I have to admit my Spanish let me down. It actually reads 0.13 West! - does that put me back on terra firma?

Silver Drifter

Overnighter.
MORAIRA.....or little England, with its fishy fishy chip shop, it's quick save shop and English speaking Bay Radio !! It's a pleasant enough town with lots of swish eateries, even before venturing into the marina. It has a very large car park just a minute away from the town centre and beach, nothing here in the way of facilities, but no hassle either.

BwB

And a very interesting statue - when viewed from the right (wrong?) angle :)

hpold

Have you tried the Wok just out of Moraira on the way to javea on the left further up the road is Mercadona and liddle I think and beyond that is a pub with music ,they have a different menu on each day and did have live music on with jules on the piano . Worth a look and Munros carvery is on the same road but in Pedriguer at Munroes there is jaz on on a tuesday . Jaz is on in Calpe on a thursday on Levante beech , it is a good night there .:thumb:

Silver Drifter

Nice one cheers, I'll pop into Levante beach - I'm partial to a bit of jazz☺

Adverts