South Devon

Silver Drifter

I'm down at Plymouth Yacht Haven marina (Shaw Way, mt Batten) to help deliver a boat up to Oslo. I asked if I could leave my van on their car park and they said of course, at £5/week! Right on the waters edge and there are showers and toilets! Result ☺

Flamenca

I lived aboard my boat at Plymouth Yacht Haven a few years ago and they were not known for that sort of generosity at that time. I suspect that the £5/week parking is a concession given to the berth holder. I can imaging their response if a stranger turned up asking for a pitch at £5/night. :rofl:

hpold

Hi ya silver dont park to near to the waters edge could get washed away in a storm and don't forget the sea sick tablets unless your an ex matlo and keep your life jacket on . happy sailing with stacks of bacon butties . Will you be back for the meet? Plenty of fun which Merele is cooking up .:thumb:

Silver Drifter

You're right about it being a concession to a berth owner.....however, no one would question a van parked overnight, there are visitors coming and going all the time, some visiting the marina workshops.

Flamenca

Yes, a night or two would probably be OK at the marina. There was also parking at the watersports centre which might still be available for an over-night stop. The road next to Hoo Lake was also a possibility. It has been a long time since I have been there so I am out of touch.

Shrimp

It would be good if Marinas' could get their heads around 5 van sites. They usually have spare space, with loos & showers.
We found a nice one near Nantwich, Overwater Marina, spotless showers, loos, laundry, cafe, all hard standings on Gravel and a big area so no parking too close and a nice walk along towpath to Audlem with several good pubs and lovely food

Silver Drifter

I'm on a boat at the moment, and we pulled into Kingswear marina on the Dart and I saw a couple of mohomes parked up at the back of the marina car park. Small sites are out there, but not too many people know about them.

vwalan

never really had any trouble finding a place myself .
uk is really easy . busier the city or town the easier it is .

Adverts