Ricote

Discussion in 'Fulltimer's Motorhomes' started by Dunroamin, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Dunroamin

Dunroamin Well-Known Member

Parked up on aire at Ricote near Murcia. Packed earth ground but looked like it would be a bit iffy if it rained.Water and dump gratis as is internet from local restaurant with a decent wifi antenna. Lovely views but at 300 metres above sea level when the wind blows at this time of year bl**dy cold.Nice walking for doggy people or non doggy people.Huge area to park and a super old still working village with all you could want for a pleasant stay.Five Brits were here when we arrived along with one Kraut and one Cloggy.Three Brits gone including the undesirable with genny.Will stay a week or so as sun on the menu for the next week.

2. Silver Drifter

Silver Drifter Well-Known Member

Yea, it's a nice tucked away Aire. I had to wait half an hour to park up as they were loading lemons!

3. Dunroamin

Seems to be popular with Brits,another 2 arrived yesterday.Wind 21 kmh today and will be 28kmh tomorrow so stay inside and keep warm.

4. Silver Drifter

As much as I love inland Spain, I hate being cold (ckd) so stay at low altitude during the winter (at about 1.5m at mo.@ playa carolina!)
    I'm making an exception next Saturday though as I'm going to the opening of Caravan Finca Art - a start up traveller community in Ramonette
    At least it isn't snowing..........yet....

5. Dunroamin

Could be of interest as we had it in mind next week to head down to Aguilas.Have you more info on the event?Tried google got nothing.I assume you mean Ermita Ramonete (with one "t") ?

6. Silver Drifter

Yup, you're right!
    Cordinates are. 37.558710. 1.408962
    Otherwise try Caravan Art Finca on google.

Basically a German hippy type lady named Sonja, who was the 'Go To' person at the goat meadow in Cañada has started a finca she hopes to grow into a travellers base camp.
    It's very rough and ready at the moment, but does have water and a black waste dump.
    Showers and laundry are available too and other bits n bobs will become available as funds permit. It's a risk for her, but hey-ho, gotta like someone who risks things for their dream....
    Anyway....there's a paella party on Saturday and it's only €5......hehe bargain......

snail likes this.
  7. Dunroamin

Reckon we know her from a globetrotter meeting she organises in Germany.Have just asked someone to check it out.

8. Silver Drifter

I asked her and she hasn't heard of the group, so I'm guessing it isn't the same lady

And here is a photo of the paella I enjoyed at the opening party

Attached Files:

snail likes this.
  9. Dunroamin

"Still at Ricote,rumour has it the usual haunts are crowded,here space and all you can eat.

10. Silver Drifter

Yea it's getting very crowded. I popped into Aguilas (for the first carnival procession) then spent a few nights at Palm Tree Beach at Carolinas and it was rammed....same at Villaricos. All along the coast here there are pockets of 4-10 vans where even last year there were only the odd ones here and there.

11. Dunroamin

Doesnt make sense to move.

12. Dunroamin

There must be some kind of Cloggie grapevine,they are filling the place.

13. Silver Drifter

I've decided to stay a while longer on my friends Finca (Caravan Art Finca).
    Every day is a school day and I'm learning a new way of life from a couple of German middle aged travellers! I'm into watching Bruce Lipton Youtube videos and reading the Uplifting page on fb. Maybe I'm the oldest new hippy ever.......

14. wanderlust51

wanderlust51 Active Member

That. Paella looks good Steve

15. Silver Drifter

It was! I watched the Spanish guys cook it and it's a lot more involved than I thought.
    Proper yummy it was

wanderlust51 likes this.