quiet on here?

vwalan

i went st austell ,truro then across to st agnes area then up the coast towards newquay. but got turned away near cubert ,think there had been an accident . police making traffic go inland .
so went newlyn east and loads little narrow flowers in the middle cornish roads to mitchell. was a bit chilly the last few miles but still sunny . nice ride out.

vwalan

We're with Bob near Gandia and it's been 20 degrees today,a really nice day,started painting the coach and now have a quarter done.Running low on paint now though.Little by little we will get there. It helps when you find a place where you won't get bothered
so are you painting a nice picture or just brushing up on it . hee hee .
you could have ventured up in the wide narrow mountain streets . you might have brushed past other 365 members . might even have had a sardine sandwich, ha ha .

coolasluck

I've had my fair share of tight narrow streets.. No pictures just a brush up.
You learn from your mistakes but hopefully it will be a big improvement in the end.Time will tell lol. Some decals will be in the offering but Mrs coola is not into paintings ha ha

vwalan

you could do some rainbows and moons ,stars etc turn it into a hippy bus .
that keeps alot from parking too close . ha ha .
a few ying /yang whats its ,fit in nicely if you go up the las alpujarras mountains up by orgiva and lanjaron .
you might even get invited to join the teepee crowd. nice water in lanjaron and free .
nice friendly up there. plus be warming up soon.

vwalan

oh well ,it was sunny yesterday but rainy miserable today. no m,bike riding today.
but never mind , its not cold ,just wet.
i have heard its nice over in Piles today seems there could be two artists at work on their campers .
getting even quieter down here now a friend that lives down the road is on the ferry to roscoff today and another from bodmin is off later in the week.
nice in brittany might get a couple weeks over there myself this year.
visit a few friends havnt seen for awhile .

snail

Overcast here but not cold, looks like this week won't be too bad? Might have a run up to the NEC this week to the show
Be a day out on the scoot, up the A roads will be about 60 miles old foggie discount is £9 on the door and a tenner in fuel only £30 for the day that's ok

vwalan

did sort of half think about going up . but then decided i didnt need or want anything .
mind i do know of a dax like mine for sale up north and it would half fit to go to the show then buy the bike but then i thought no stop it . i like toys . ha ha .

snail

did sort of half think about going up . but then decided i didnt need or want anything .
mind i do know of a dax like mine for sale up north and it would half fit to go to the show then buy the bike but then i thought no stop it . i like toys . ha ha .
Can't have enough toys Al, you know you want a twist and go really, no foot work at all, suits you sir ha

vwalan

i could have a honda stepthrough . but i cant have a scooter . not possible .
i know there are twist n go other types but no cant have a scooter. have to keep kicking it over and throwing over the harbour sides etc . never mind keep hitting myself . ha ha .
you will be telling me next best get a parka etc .
anyway a scooter wont fit in my trailer. it was built to take monkey bike or dax .
rather be a cheeky monkey than a scooter boy .

chrisjones18

Ahh, the Forest of Dean, born and bred there. School at 5 acres. Lovely area, but I'm biased. We are still down at Argeles sur Mer, been here 3 weeks now and will probably stay another before going Somewhere Else en route to some fishing in the Gers. Only going back to UK for MOT/Hospital in May then back out again. Not cold here !!
We are two doors from the school opposite the Nissan dealers.
Small world ....... Sally is from gloucester / English Bicknor

chrisjones18

Brian if the yank was a safari trek we are the other side of the crossroads .

snail

Beautiful day here so just made our lunch packed topbox and off to NEC show on scoot

Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Evesham, Stratford on Avon, Leamington spa, Meridian, NEC

Sounds good enough? Least going on the scooter stops impulse buying!

Might come back on motorways easier in the dark!

See you later

vwalan

yes sunny here dry roads and feeling warm . have a good ride and keep your eyes open for the mad car drivers .
used to go that route to get across to redditch when delivering bacon. nice scenery.
also a mate used to live at alvechurch. so often called there . have a good one .

snail

Well all good was a long day, got home about 7.30 pm, riding in the dark not too bad on the A roads after all, bike lights quite good LEDs on this one, bloody cold coming home though!

Show was heaving as first day and club day but interesting day out, got some info and leaflets on various stuff, looked at many vans my god are they getting expensive, not much different or awe inspiring for us, new Hymers and Carthago seem to be popular, some are just crazy converters making a 7 metre A class van on a 3.5 ton chassis 400 kilos of loading if you are lucky! Some 4 berth vans don't have enough payload to carry 4 people?

vwalan

its strange but the longer you have a motor home the more you dont like what the converters are doing .
i,m sure they are designed by folk that never use one ,other than a ride to a show.
i always think bag spuds , carrots , onions , turnip, meat . bacon . bottles sauce . etc etc it all mounts up .
even towel tea towel , toothpaste soap, etc etc its never ending how much carrying kgs we need .
never mind blankets . sheets etc for all the beds . think of the things we carry but never consider the weight . should be a unfit for purpose law to stop therm being sold .
but glad you had a good time . been nice down here . today was lovely . think by weekend i shall be on second cut of the lawn. its coming alive down here .

snail

Well it's snowing here today just light powder not covering the roads yet!
Suppose to last 24 hours glad I don't live more northwards that have it much worse
Expect John and Joan are snowed in well according to news report yesterday from County Durham?
How about you winter sunseekers snow north of. Valencia?

vwalan

yes we woke to a dusting thats almost gone now .
mind further west it was bad yesterday and east on bodmin moor but around here it missed us .
-2.4 at moment though did get to -4.6 in night but was colder night before -5.7 in that night.
if out the wind and sun shining it was ok yesterday in the day. no sun today .
bobs in cullera and says cold but no snow .
above valencia is a no go on many roads for 7.5 ton and above.
definately too cold here though for me.
but snow in spain or up the mountains in maroc is the norm.
once had -17c up by midelt in maroc .
just moved on .

Silver Drifter

I'm down on the beach at Carolinas where, I'm glad to report, it's quite warm! It was overcast and spitting with rain this morning, but as I write the sun is shining and the stiff easterly is dropping to a breeze.......

vwalan

well its snowing here now and seems to be settling .
dont think i will be out sitting in the sun today.
very fine and blowing around drifting into piles here and there.
best stay in by the fire i think.

vwalan

well thought better open this thread again . its still a bit quiet on here .
today the sun is shining even was early this morning .
mind it should be a long day today.
lets hope its hot and dry for weeks to come .
better not go drifting around on the moors today ,might get mixed up in one of them old fashioned dance round the stones routine .

Adverts