Prescriptions When Traveling Abroad

maddy

Thats the best option get the truck done asap. I go weak, and big time pain in the cold, so im with you on that not to mention S.A.D big time depression. I'm just hoping spain is warm enough and bright. if i ever get there.

vwalan

should be . dont expect hot . just warm.
the only place thats easy to get to thats hot is maroc .
even then you need a good drive down to get hot .
even then best make sure you get insurance cover here with your insurers .
but for the first trip you dont need to go that far.
just get there watch the news on the telly and try to follow the sun .
spanish tv ,on digital.

coolasluck

The idea of being at the overland show steve is to meet up with fellow 365 ers and to experiance something more interesting than the normal samey motorhome shows ,after that we are booked for the sun and hopefully the adventure of being abroad,for us it was always planed from the start.We are opposite to you in that we want to travel slowly and to not spend and waste most of our time and money on a prison camp.

Steve Freeman

please ,please ,please let the rumour be true as they wont give me a long enough [without a lot of form filling and conditions] visa to stay.......need to wait another 2 years to get more than 3 months at a time.
Blimey, that's a bit rough if you can't do more than 3 months, but I bet it's not policed too hard...

Steve Freeman

Wow, never been in a prison camp - see avatar pic! What's it like?

coolasluck

They are sites overrun with too many vehicles and people all measuring out their spaces for putting up small fences to let everyone know what space they have paid for.You will have seen these types walking around with their tape measures:rofl: If its got more than 5 vans im not going to want to stay.Perhaps i may visit to empty toilet and fill with water but if i see you in your cell i will be sure to get a visitors pass to come and say hello or holla;)

vwalan

i think everyone should use campsites . i,m sure you will all love them .
you should go with the idea that you are going to spend all your spare cash in the village shops and bars . use restaurants every couple of days and best not try to wild park.
there are some really nice ones .
then you will have places to empty your chemical toilets , fill up with nice clean tap water.
have your awnings out and bbq,s .
if you like pm me i can give you a list of them .
oh i forgot stay on the motorways ,you know it makes sense.

wanderlust51

i think everyone should use campsites . i,m sure you will all love them .
you should go with the idea that you are going to spend all your spare cash in the village shops and bars . use restaurants every couple of days and best not try to wild park.
there are some really nice ones .
then you will have places to empty your chemical toilets , fill up with nice clean tap water.
have your awnings out and bbq,s .
if you like pm me i can give you a list of them .
oh i forgot stay on the motorways ,you know it makes sense.
Hiya al,when is summer starting for you this year

vwalan

november. are you going to be around again this year.
might be at torre de sal. middle of november . depends on the route we take . or if places are cold or crowded .
you know us dont know where when or if we will be anywhere untill we get there.
there are some really nice campsites at torre de sal. you saw them last year. mind we like ours .

wanderlust51

november. are you going to be around again this year.
might be at torre de sal. middle of november . depends on the route we take . or if places are cold or crowded .
you know us dont know where when or if we will be anywhere untill we get there.
there are some really nice campsites at torre de sal. you saw them last year. mind we like ours .
Dont think we will make it,we have to be here for a while, unless i go on my own and thats not going to happen, i have things to do but i would rather leave them till next year and get out of the winter blues,maybe next year but it could all change

vwalan

well you can always tx should you be on your way.
its a nuisance i had to stay a few years back. it was like being in jail . the water running down the windows could have been bars . since 98 i have only stayed in uk twice in winter .
i do wonder when the next one will be . hopefully not for along time .
was ok here yesterday had a nice ride out , but today rain then sun but every time i go out it starts raining so i end up back in again . mind looking dry on the ground at minute . but not warm. roll on november .
regards to all.

Steve Freeman

On the subject of traveling, if i were to go to spain can i go on channel tunnel?
No - it's a bit of a prison cell when you are deep inside it !!!

Steve Freeman

They are sites overrun with too many vehicles and people all measuring out their spaces for putting up small fences to let everyone know what space they have paid for.You will have seen these types walking around with their tape measures:rofl: If its got more than 5 vans im not going to want to stay.Perhaps i may visit to empty toilet and fill with water but if i see you in your cell i will be sure to get a visitors pass to come and say hello or holla;)
yes, but where and when? there's lots of choice.... pick open plan sites, go off season, etc...

vwalan

dont know .
i tried to use the tuinnel when it first opened . it was always too busy and expensive . mind we used to use sally lines from folkestone. but that was years ago they have finished now .
i use plymouth or portsmpouth ferry . even bob uses it . its cheaper than the diesel to go down and up . mind i,m 350mls from a cheap ferry or the tunnel . so even more expense for me .

wanderlust51

On the subject of traveling, if i were to go to spain can i go on channel tunnel?
I use the tunnel,but it is best to go through tesco clubcard they have an offer where you get triple the face value of your clubcard points against the cost of a crossing,£60 instead of £180 return on a boxer van

wanderlust51

well you can always tx should you be on your way.
its a nuisance i had to stay a few years back. it was like being in jail . the water running down the windows could have been bars . since 98 i have only stayed in uk twice in winter .
i do wonder when the next one will be . hopefully not for along time .
was ok here yesterday had a nice ride out , but today rain then sun but every time i go out it starts raining so i end up back in again . mind looking dry on the ground at minute . but not warm. roll on november .
regards to all.
Thanks al, gonna be a long winter

maddy

I took a boat from Portsmouth, once before and that bay of biscay was horrible never again, and i've got to think of my dog now she wont like being left below deck on her own so it looks like the train for me.

vwalan

you can get dog friendly cabins these days .
i used to leave mine in the trailer but arrange to go down and walk her . they do allow it . you have to book a kennel though but not use it .
mind the kennels are available for you night and day to visit and walk the dogs .
you may have to ring i,m not sure if there is a hight limmit or anything . all i know is less than 24hys and we are in spain . cheaper than driving down for us and less wear n tear on the truck etc . plus france is cold and wet in november . plus windy .

Adverts