peugot boxer motorhome 05 model

raggity

hi guys,,does anyone have any knowledge of this model..passed the mot in july 19,18,17,,in 2016 it mentioned exhesissive corrosine within 30 mm of body mounting cross member ,then nothing in 18 and 19,,if this was bodged with black would it show on the mot or if so could it be fixed proper easily..cheers

Willum

hi guys,,does anyone have any knowledge of this model..passed the mot in july 19,18,17,,in 2016 it mentioned exhesissive corrosine within 30 mm of body mounting cross member ,then nothing in 18 and 19,,if this was bodged with black would it show on the mot or if so could it be fixed proper easily..cheers
Largely depends on how good (and cosher) the later MOTs were. If the original one you're referring to says there IS excessive corrosion, then it would have been a fail and evident on the VOSA website, as would be the subsequent retest and pass after any repair. Only use the VOSA site for details, no third party stuff. If it was bad and there's no subsequent detail of a repair, it won't have improved. Me? I'd run away if there isn't any concrete proof of a repair.
As for an easy repair, if it's metal to metal all around it, quite straightforward, if it's metal surrounded by/supporting motorhome body (wood/alloy/fibreglass/plastic) it will be difficult to do without setting fire to something......................
Whichever way it goes, I'd suggest a TRUSTED inspection before parting with ANY money and someone who knows what they are doing with the repair if you do go ahead.
Just my twopenn'th.
Will

fanofatan

does the seller have receipts for the work done to repair the damage?
look at the MOT cert and find out where the last MOT (MOT's) were carried out
ask them to get a fresh MOT prior to you buying at a different MOT garage to the one they used

Adverts