Petition To Government re: Drivers Licence 70+

BigMomma

There is a petition being put forward in respect of trying to change the rules in relation to Motorhomers, please check the link (It is secure and not a hoax). Need to get as many as possible to sign to get this up for a Parliamentary response so please share link with any other Motorhome Groups or Forums you may be signed up to. Thank you :thumb:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241254

chrisjones18

Done,
The 3500kgs is a little on the low side, especially as some manufacturers have trouble getting it under that weight without putting anything in it.
Australia has a 4500kg limit for the same class (car)

chrisjones18

I didn't explain my thought very well,
if they increased the basic car from 3500kgs to 4500kgs it would solve a mountain of problems without doing anything else.
Then over 4500kgs stays as it is...
So simple isn't it

vwalan

mind a b+e on grandfather rights gives a 3,500 gvw pickup that can have a train weight of 11ton . if its a lowered 7.5 ton one to start with . mine can be 9.8 ton .
but shame large motorhome drivers dont need to have a few lesons in driving larger vehicles .
see them all over the place with no idea how to drive the sizes they have.

chrisjones18

Now Alan don't you go suggesting all them that can't drive a 3500kgs motorhome get a pick up /5th wheeler:devil:
I see enough of them wobble boxes getting in a fix with reversing. They can't drop off a 5th wheeler trailer and get it to reverse itself in a large space.
Just leave them with up to a 12mtr rigid, it's much safer:hi:

Easyliving

I notice the number of people who have signed the petition is now 818 - not a high number. There must be a lot of people who would like to drive a vehicle over 3500kg when they get to 70. I think maybe the mention of Parkinson's disease is putting peiple off signing?

Paul

BigMomma

I notice the number of people who have signed the petition is now 818 - not a high number. There must be a lot of people who would like to drive a vehicle over 3500kg when they get to 70. I think maybe the mention of Parkinson's disease is putting peiple off signing?

Paul
Yes, I agree but at the end of the day you can lead a horse to water, as the saying goes. Some, probably a considerable way off from that magical age, may not consider that it will effect them so why bother :rolleyes:

I think all drivers should have a medical and opticians eyesight test,, rather than self assessment, at 70 and subsequent renewals. I fall into that class being 76 in May. I don't have a motorhome at present, having sold ours last October. I would like a smaller van, but the prices they are asking for Panel Van Conversions is more than we sold our 24ft coach built for, and some are older than our MH was. I will be using an estate car and Caranex for days away this year. Doubt if we will be doing more than 4 days at a time and will be using sites.

Yes, I agree but at the end of the day you can lead a horse to water, as the saying goes. Some, probably a considerable way off from that magical age, may not consider that it will effect them so why bother :rolleyes:
I got a government link to sign it, but it went in the junk box only to be found today.
I wonder how many others have the same, some I know never check their junk box.

BigMomma

I got a government link to sign it, but it went in the junk box only to be found today.
I wonder how many others have the same, some I know never check their junk box.
You can always use the link above to try again, then check your 'junk box' when they tell you they have sent the link to sign to your email address :thumb:

Adverts