Petition H.M.G. to provide specific areas for motorhomes

Dunroamin

I have created an epetition requesting H.M.G. to provide or place the onus on local authority to provide specific areas for motorhomes the like of which we find in France,Germany orItaly etc
To get it before Parliament we require 100,000 signatures in one year ,hopeless you may think
but those who dont fight have already lost. Sign it please and do your bit for motorhome freedom.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/27376
You can also share this URL to promote your e-petition or use the social network links available on your e-petition's page.
Thanks,
HM Government e-petitions http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/

Easyliving

Good idea, I've signed. If we could find out which government department would in theory deal with British 'aires' maybe we could start writing a few letters too.

Paul

Dunroamin

When you make the petition they present you with a list of depts I had thought rural development or so
but decided on transport, anyway in the practice I guess an MP or two watch these thing sand if it looks like a runner jump on the wagon,dont know but a new petition would only split the vote or what do you guys and gals think ?

vwalan

all signed . nothing ventured nothing gained .

snail

Job Done, we all live in hope! just a thought, do they count it on address or is it worth other half signing as well?

if was pencil and pen in a town centre then we would both possibly sign?

Dunroamin

Anyone can sign the other half are always entitled to their opinion and usually dont have a .problem voicing it she should cuff you round the ears..

vwalan

you can both do it. needs 100,000 to work so mor the merrier. if any of you can cut paste it to other forums that would be good . i cant i,m computer ilagitamate. i cant spell my dads name .
yes i can it was eric . but not eric on here . he is far too young.

vwalan

what i,m good looking and you arent .

John and Joan

At Present anything to do with caravans (Motorhomes are classed as caravans in the UK) is dealt with by DEFRA (Department of Environment, Farming and Rural Afairs) It passed the administration of the Farming and Rural affairs to Natural England. Scotland is dealt with at Scotish Parlimentary level and Wales at the Welsh Assembly level, so it is fragmented. Northern Ireland has it own separate Act and administration.

Local authorities already have the power to create Aires in the UK but do not see the need when there are the CL/CS and site networks as well as Commercial sites run by councilors families. They do nothing by claiming they need to seek planning permission for this, but the Act say

Provision of caravan sites by local authorities power

(1) A local authority shall have power within their area to provide sites where caravans may be brought, whether for holidays or other temporary purposes or for use as permanent residences
and to manage the sites or lease them to some other person
Sorry for the way this has copied and it will not allow me to edit it properly

Until Motor Caravans are looked on differently to touring and static caravans then nothing will happen.

I have already had a similar petition and it only raised a few signitaries. Nothing like 0ne thousand never mind 100,000. Most people only say thay want Aires but are not prepared to do anything about it. The reply I got was that it was up to each local authority to make provision. I contact the magazines and the Motor Caravanners' Club but no feedback or response. Advertising revenue from the big two clubs overides any other issues for the magazines. Practical Motorhome has now got its own scheme with the MCC so they don't want to change the status quo. The big two clubs activly oppose this as it goes against their commercial interests.

I will certainly back this one though, and so will Joan

John

snail

Ok Mrs Snail now signed up! but you have to have a different e-mail address, so had to use a defunct one

Dunroamin

Hi
In germany france and italy they differentiate between caravan and motorcaravan and in general with a few exceptions the aires stellplatz are soley for the use of motorcaravans in germany the thinking being that a caravan
generally does not have an integrated tank for grey water and also not always a toilet facility im going to google this and get back later.

vwalan

think that might be opinion not actual law.

BigMomma

Have seen a few Caravans in both France and Germany using Aires/Stellplatz. Admittedly though not that many, but never seen any signage that says they cannot use them.

Dunroamin

Ok I can find no-one on a german forum who can give a legal argument the only general consensus (opinion) is that a motorcaravan is "autark" I had to look it up it means totally independant and a caravan is not, a bit vague and I think under the skin has a bit more to do with no neerdowells
of the travelling variety.

Adverts