Ovens

Dunroamin

"My cooking is very imaginative, ginger jam, marmalade, balsamic vinegar,
I don't use my Remmy or slopot to save time." I take it as read,I saw no "I use".Anyway what took you so long to stick your head up?

coolasluck

This often happens on here, however, I do think that she did get answers about the practicality of using the electric oven she mentioned :thumb:

She had answers but for all we know she never came back for them!! Disappeared into the ether never to return to say thanks. It's far too quiet on here of late so any kind of argument is action so keep your big nose out momma:rofl:

Sueboo

sadly so many people today seem to think they know it all. We are relative new comers to motorhoming and still learning. This will only be our 27th year

Well, sorry, but I'm disappointed in the Forum, if this is what it's like I'm off!
I hope you all enjoy your motorhomes and the way of life and all is sunny & pleasant for you!:)

BigMomma

;)
Well, sorry, but I'm disappointed in the Forum, if this is what it's like I'm off!
If you don't mind me saying, I think you are being a little hasty ;) There is a lot of good information, guidance and even differing views exchanged on the forum. There are varying degrees of experience too. Now sometimes, there is banter, generally friendly, often mischievous and on occasions a little heated but that is no different to many other forums I have viewed which are not confined to just Motorhome related forums.

Questions are asked on here, and in the most part they get answered with aforementioned advice, guidance and opinion. However, sometimes the person asking the question does not provide enough information and/or fails to provide it when asked, the thread then moves on and the original question is no longer relevant, however, the original subject, in this case 'Ovens' broadens to cooking in general, is this not like any other discussion between a group of people ? :thumb:;)

Dunroamin

To slow it down a bit ,why do Lidl Spain sell chicken and rabbit bits mixed and Family Cash have a whole chicken and rabbit on offer together cheap. No peeping in Google now.

coolasluck

I hope you all enjoy your motorhomes and the way of life and all is sunny & pleasant for you!:)
Ta Ta then.:clap:
Perhaps you should have got more involved with the site to start with.
I dare say we shan't miss another lurker who doesn't get involved.

Dunroamin

Right on! Only about 1% of forum members take an active part in the input and the rest lurk and glean the info for nowt.Is this indicative of motorhomers attitude in general?

Anyway, after all that, I can tell you that we use a Cobb BBQ outside, works very well too as an oven . We also have a multi cooker thing which is ok when on hook up. We also use balsamic vinegar, quality mustards and oil from farms; We also live full time in the van. Quite nice down here at Palavas de Flots at the mo. Good fishing/travelling/fiddling around in van to you all. Heading down South again soon.

chrisjones18

We headed south..... in Tassie at present and in a few days will shift from hobart to the southern tip of Australia. .
Our cookers knackered....oops that should be our cook is knackered and that would be me.... Can't cook a darn thing right. But never mind there's great taste in burnt stuff. So I'll keep saying it...

BigMomma

No reply,apart from rice ,rabbit and chicken (sometimes pork) are the main ingredients of "paella".
And I always thought that Paella was a Regional thing where the main ingredients, Meat or Fish, were dependent on what was readily available in a particular area. I know that modern day Paella tends to cater quite heavily to the Tourist palate, so they now do mixed variations, e.g. Meat & Fish, Vegetarian etc. Rabbit is still quite popular in stews and is widely available in most Supermarkets, Butchers and on the Weekly Markets. It was also very popular in Germany when I lived there, but you will already know that :thumb: also France and Portugal and I am guessing most other European Countries. Once upon a time it was a popular staple meat in the UK

Adverts