North Devon

DonnaG

This comes from the Motorhome Network Facebook page

Motorhome stopovers for North Devon!

From the 15th March the following car parks will permit the overnight parking of motor homes at the rate of £5 per night per space occupied for any period between 6pm and 10am (max two consecutive nights only) we will also be asking motor homes to remain at least 6m apart. Signage to this effect will be displayed in the car parks.

Sydney House, Torrington EX3...8 8AA
The Manor, Holsworthy EX22 6DJ
Riverbank (long stay), Bideford EX39 2QS
Churchfield, Appledore EX39 1RL
The Main, Westward Ho! EX39 1LG

Details and links for these, and others, are on our Motorhome Stopovers page at http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/uk-motorhome-stopovers.shtml

Well done Torridge District Council!

Silver Drifter

Thanks for the heads up Donna - I'm on Riverside in Bideford and it's lovely!☺
Travel safe........
Sx

Daved

Hi Donna, I am new to this and only found this site today. I will be looking for wild sites in the future. Your info will be helpful I am sure. I am not full timing at the moment as I am looking for a buyer for my house, when that happens I'm off and running. See you on the road.

David

James & Ling

Hi David
I am 63 two years to go or as I say 24 more pay days then it I will be selling my hour house downsizing and buying a motorhome , think a small uk base will stop us being full timers guess there will possible be a time when we want to stop ......

James & ling

Steve Freeman

Hi David
I am 63 two years to go or as I say 24 more pay days then it I will be selling my hour house downsizing and buying a motorhome , think a small uk base will stop us being full timers guess there will possible be a time when we want to stop ......
Yes - it's good to hang on to some property if you can - once lost, you won't get a real home again unless you have lots of reserves that keep pace with house price increases....

So good luck with the downsize/MH plan! Been there!

square_steve

Well done Torridge District Council!
Well done for charging £5 for what other councils give for free?

Not content with the billions that Westminster puts in their begging bowls every year now they extend their begging to the tourists who for reasons unknown would wish to park there overnight.
They should be grateful that motorhomers are willing to put up with endless traffic jams and park there overnight listening to the rain, ready to pay over the odds for some stale scones and mouldy fudge at breakfast time.

The sooner Devon got real and realised its just an inconvenience where most are unfortunate enough to find themselves on the way to Cornwall the better for the rest of the world.

hpold

Well done for charging £5 for what other councils give for free?

Not content with the billions that Westminster puts in their begging bowls every year now they extend their begging to the tourists who for reasons unknown would wish to park there overnight.
They should be grateful that motorhomers are willing to put up with endless traffic jams and park there overnight listening to the rain, ready to pay over the odds for some stale scones and mouldy fudge at breakfast time.

The sooner Devon got real and realised its just an inconvenience where most are unfortunate enough to find themselves on the way to Cornwall the better for the rest of the world.
Well you can either take or leave it choice is yours .

Nomadic

Hi David

James & ling
Thant's a very good plan, and just what we did. Downsized to a two bed bungalow handed it over to a letting agent, had four tenants in six years, no problems, a good asset when we had to return in 2012.
As you say, there will be a time, for one reason or another, you may need to return to a base.

Good luck and enjoy.

Adverts