Hello everyone

My wife and I are looking to go 'full time', possibly early next year, when the youngest moves out! We will be renting the house out possibly for 2 years. Budget for a second hand van will be in the region of £35k. Just putting some feelers out at the moment, for tips and pointers as our heads are swimming with everything that we need to plan for, buying the van, renting the house out, storage costs, etc....Our initial thoughts are to travel around the UK, however not sure about winter!?
We are 'glamping', at the Norfolk campervan show in July, and hope to get some pointers then. Any thoughts/ideas/help, would be gratefully received :) We are both very excited, but at the same time a fair dollop of nervousness, thank you in advance. Steve & Barbara

Hi both
I have rented out my house eight months, now
Left it fully furnished and have two large storage units in my land for personal items.
Using my same address as a base between trips in Motorhome . I’m very lucky as I also have a separate double gate for the yard where I have a “shepherds hut” with flush toilet/shower . The main point was keeping my same address for mail, DVLA and insurance . I am in Scotland , east coast,
Lovely weather all this winter l haven’t seen snow yet . I have never felt so content for years. No responsibility, nothing to put pressure on me. Freedom! I feel great
Wish you all the best you will have a good adventure. I prefer to wild camp only use camp site once a week

Hello everyone

My wife and I are looking to go 'full time', possibly early next year, when the youngest moves out! We will be renting the house out possibly for 2 years. Budget for a second hand van will be in the region of £35k. Just putting some feelers out at the moment, for tips and pointers as our heads are swimming with everything that we need to plan for, buying the van, renting the house out, storage costs, etc....Our initial thoughts are to travel around the UK, however not sure about winter!?
We are 'glamping', at the Norfolk campervan show in July, and hope to get some pointers then. Any thoughts/ideas/help, would be gratefully received :) We are both very excited, but at the same time a fair dollop of nervousness, thank you in advance. Steve & Barbara

Hi both
Welcome , for me, the important point was to get my mail and address for DVLA and insurance. It was a wee bit apprehensive but
that soon leaves you. You will have a great adventure

Easyliving

Welcome to the site Steve and Barbara. We have been full timing for a couple of years now, plus we had another go before.

Yes, there is quite a lot to sort out but its certainly worth it.

Good luck.

Paul

vwalan

hi ,welcome. and lets hope you have loads of fun and a great adventure .
have to wait and see what to do in winters . might be go morocco for 90 days to spread the eu time.
its ok we used to do that anyway. we used to do 6 weeks france /spain, then 12 weeks morocco then 6 weeks spain portugal . or something like that.
later just spent longer in spain /portugal , france can be too cold in winter. mind spain is also deep snow inland in winter. not every where but lots of places even close to the sea. you can be swimming in the sea and sea snow capped mountains inland . its really strange.
but its great fun. cheers alan.

BigMomma

Hello everyone

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Adverts