vwalan

if you can find a farm or a business that has lots parking somewhere quiet . they may let you stay as security for them . depends where they are and what your using . but it works for many.
in a big town or city might be awkward .

BigMomma

I've been looking at Britstops. For a single person the price of a meal and a pint (or two!) doesn't seem out of the way for a night of parking-up hassle-free. Pubs all over the country that welcome Motorhomes and enough close to my main near-family destinations to make life easier. Some have grey waste facilities and a fresh water tap. Most seem to welcome dogs. Feel quite positive.
Couple of pints, £5 ? Meal £8-10 ? surely it would be cheaper on a CL :think:

chrisjones18

Have you looked at searchforsites.co.uk the web search is free if you register but the app one (just released) is about £6 a year. loads of free parking on there.
I think the days are gone with just word of mouth for the good stuff as more people add places all the time.. sometimes the internet causes a bit of caous.
Eric, the cl's are the only reason we are still in the caravan and motor home club, at over £50 a year it's now getting silly..... but life goes on

BigMomma

The membership subscription is £0.98 per week and as well as giving access to members (non-members pay an additional £12 per night to stay on a club site) to over 200 Sites it also gives access to thousands of CL's. then there are a host of other member benefits, preferential rates on Car, Caravan and Motorhome Insurance, Breakdown and Recovery, Home Insurance, Discounts on Ferries, Discounts at loads of retail stores and discounts on access to public places as well as other retailers that sell Tyres and do Vehicle Service and MOT's and lots of other stuff, being a member is not just about staying on club sites. How much does Fuel, Insurances, Utility Charges, Phone Charges etc. etc. Go up each year ? The Club increase to members this year was just £2 :thumb:

I've been looking at Britstops. For a single person the price of a meal and a pint (or two!) doesn't seem out of the way for a night of parking-up hassle-free. Pubs all over the country that welcome Motorhomes and enough close to my main near-family destinations to make life easier. Some have grey waste facilities and a fresh water tap. Most seem to welcome dogs. Feel quite positive.

Bit of a tip with brit stops... if you’re going to eat there, have lunch... its cheaper... ;-)

Hi update
Well I have done it! Put ad on Gumtree house for rent, fully furnished. Spur of the moment at 5am one morning. List of replies by 9am
That was around mid July 2018
On 1st August I was homeless.
I’m better off financially by around £1000 month.
Using my shepherds hut which has all amenities
My rollerteam Motorhome for sleeping. I feel great, very content within myself. Had a few weeks away in sept/October but been in my own land.
My rallies will soon be starting that’s vintage cars etc. I will be off from thursdays to Mondays. Use here as a base but once their finished for the year I want to go to Spain/Portugal for three months in winter. What I need then is another motorhomer to travel over to sunnier climes in winter. Better with company but independent too.
I used to drive over to Portugal on my own in the car but that was twenty years ago. I’m a bit wary now. So there might be someone who would want the safer in numbers for travelling.
That’s my update
Gabbie

thats does sound ideal. maybe even hang around by the shephards hut before you go away then local folk will be used to seeing you there .
mind they probably are i imagine .
regular visits back so you can keep an eye on the house etc .
all you can do is give it a go.
maybe dont have a long term on the renting , at least to start with.
never know what the future brings but should you need a base to return to it sounds good .
Done it House is rented from 1st August
Feel great, content within myself

vwalan

have lots of fun and have a great adventure.
its a big world out there but getting smaller every year.
was a time just going to a beach was the holiday now folk go all over the world .
keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

BigMomma

Done it House is rented from 1st August
Feel great, content within myself
Gabbie, you do realise that people your age are not supposed to be going out and having adventures, you should be sat by the fire, slippers on, in your rocking chair with a mug of cocoa waiting for the Grim Reaper to come and collect you :giggle:

Good on you, life is not a dress rehearsal, and one I saw recently on a Tee-Shirt, "I am Retired and NOT Expired" :thumb: Enjoy your adventures ;)

Adverts