New in need of help

mpishere

Hi all, we, the wife and I, are planning to buy an ex prison van (7.5 ton) and convert it to a spacious 2 berth motorhome. I am no good at DIY so we will have to use professional help. Any advise who to use and maybe who to avoid?
thanks

Dunroamin

Wouldnt touch one with a ten foot barge pole.Think of all the piss and s//t washed down the gutter in the middle.The nice rapists and child molesters.The weight.The graffiti on the bullet proof windows.Who to avoid,enthusiastic Al.Thinks they are great dut doesnt have one.

vwalan

hi. they can be great and not expensive .
nugget on here sold his and bought purple bobs ex prison truck.
he is based around scunthorpe these days ,might be worth having a chat with him.
but simple b,q sink units etc work fine , something like nuggets old one etc is very simple to do.
do you have any idea of the length of the box etc .
i dont have one as i have my mini artic .
only had it since june the 10th 2000, changed the tow truck in 2007 , but the trailer stayed like i first did it.
just as well we all dont want the same things life would be boring if we all had the same.

mpishere

hi. they can be great and not expensive .
nugget on here sold his and bought purple bobs ex prison truck.
he is based around scunthorpe these days ,might be worth having a chat with him.
but simple b,q sink units etc work fine , something like nuggets old one etc is very simple to do.
do you have any idea of the length of the box etc .
i dont have one as i have my mini artic .
only had it since june the 10th 2000, changed the tow truck in 2007 , but the trailer stayed like i first did it.
just as well we all dont want the same things life would be boring if we all had the same.
much appreciated
Many thanks.

vwalan

may be time to spend awhile looking through the fulltimers motorhome section on here.
i,m sure there is enough info on there for most to get a feel to have a go.
look out for fulltimers converted prison truck he put a few pics on here .http://www.motorhome365.com/forum/threads/iveco-10-cell-prison-van-conversion.804/
the world is getting smaller and there is a big adventure playground out there to play in .

Adverts