New Home :)

morning guys, iv been living in this 52 plate rapido for 6 months now usually on sites when am working, with a lil gallivanting when am not. loving the life style and saving a fortune, its probably not for every one but as a subcontracting electrician my work can be all over the country, i can position my self for the best jobs i can find this way with cheap to free digs everywhere.

does any of you guys work in construction and live like this? i seem to meet alot of contractors on caravan sites but not many full timers

Attachments

vwalan

hi, welcome .
yes i know quite a few contractors that live full time in m,homes ,truck conversions etc .
personally i dont .
truth i dont full time but do spend alot of time long terming .
over the years many of my friends have done m,way work etc all using what ever to live in . i also know lots gypsies and showmen that live fulltime travelling uk etc .
the secret is enjoy what ever you do. there is no better life than being happy . there are alot out there that arent .
strangely the traveling community specially the gypsie /showman ones are great to be friends with.
have fun smile and be happy . cheers alan

voyagerstan

I did same as you Shaun for about 15 years but only in the summer back in the uk ,come end sept I was gone (to cold for a softy chipy on building sites ) back in may a couple of weeks and I'd be earning . Quite often with the same firm . Then 2008 gave that nasty habit up altogether never looked back . Now just a way of life . Enjoy .

vwalan

i used to come home and drive trucks in the summer. dont live in my truck when back here but a few of the companies said should i sell up they would let me park in their truck parking area .
toilets and showers are available in many truck yards for drivers to use.
there are alot doing just that.

Willum

Welcome and enjoy.
Like the photos. The last one looks like it's bathed in Scottish haar and the second just before it got there....................:)
Will

Adverts