N roads in france

Discussion in 'Fulltimer Chat' started by alf&m, May 30, 2018.

1. alf&m

alf&m Active Member

Hi 365ers can any one tell me what is the weight limit max to drive national roads in france,thank you all in advance for any advice ,regards Alf.

2. Ramblin' Rose

Ramblin' Rose New Member

I don't think there is weight limit on n roads, i've been using them for many years now and have seen the same class of vehicle as there is on the autoroute system. Don't forget though, there are some restrictions going through some towns, usually 3.5 tons

alf&m likes this.
  3. BigMomma

BigMomma Well-Known Member

Big Momma was 5 tonnes and I had no problems on 'N' Roads or the majority of the other minor roads, some road bridges into the smaller towns/villages had restricted weight limits though.

alf&m likes this.
  4. Silver Drifter

Silver Drifter Well-Known Member

I drive through France 4 times a year, and apart from a couple of local weight restrictions (as mentioned 3.5 tons usually) there doesn't seem to be an issue. I've driven through villages in Normandy convinced I shouldn't be there, only to look in my mirror and see a 42 seater tourist coach bearing down on me!!☺

alf&m likes this.
  5. sundowners

sundowners Well-Known Member

A lot of main roads have a lower speed limit for vehicles over 3.5 t (some is trucks, others anything over 3.5)------------- but that shouldn't affect you !!!!!!!!-------------- I believe they are trying to get us to use the toll roads !!!!!!!!
    Nigel & Pamala

alf&m likes this.
  6. alf&m

alf&m Active Member

Thank you all for your comments ,duly taken on board, thanks and safe travels to you All ! Regards Alf

7. sundowners

sundowners Well-Known Member

Are you planning an escape from your great land!!!!!!????????
    Are you likely to make Portugal?????
    We are trying to arrange are return to (maybe) the best motorhome friendly country!!!!!!!!!, But not this year!!!!!
    Nigel and Pamala

alf&m likes this.
  8. alf&m

alf&m Active Member

Hi lovely to hear from you both! No just going to escape the snow seasons for sunnier climbs ,and coming back for the summers here! As always your more than welcome to come here! and we can do some travels together! We have found more comfortable parking places ,I asked the question on N roads as I read that N roads were restricted to 3.5t, I know when we were on our travels through france a few moons ago in the winters then the French used to put weight restrictions called baria degels, so I might of read the article wrongly, but it always good to Claryfi with you all ,before we get the blue light shining on us,we hope this note finds you both well and taking care and Mr zippy is keeping you on ya toes, hope to see you real soon ,all our best Wishes Alf and Marianne XX