Motorhome Free Camping France 1,700 Sites

TomThumb

Motorhome Free Camping France - 1,700 Sites

This might be useful for some of you, I came across the website earlier whilst doing some more research for my upcoming European trip.

Completely free of charge overnight parking on little out of the way farms and vineyards right across France. No catches at all. You simply join as a member £22 (29 Euros) and get full membership for the year which includes a book with maps how to locate your next free camping spot in France.

Limited to one night per location.

Seems like a bloomin' good deal to me...

http://www.france-passion.com/gb_formule.php

I hope this is useful info for a few of you considering going to France this year with your plastic pigs on 4 wheels lol.

Chin chin!

Mark Andrews

PS The inevitable copywriters PS...

...similar schemes in other European countries:

Italy : www.fattoreamico.it - Special rates for France Passion members.
Spain : www.espana-discovery.com
Switzerland : swissterroir.ch
Belgium : www.arsvivendivzw.be

Gazzet

Banned
Ive seen French vans with a huge red FP sticker or two,i was told you stay max one night and must buy at least one box of wine at each stop.Sounds very expensive,near Bourg i followed a red sticker van to buy wine when we got there the least expensive table wine cost 7€ a bottle or 49€ a case (and wasnt as good as a 2€ wine from Cahors)Thats 1500€ PM for FP parkings??

vwalan

there is lopads of free camping in france .i have some listings of france passions in 1999. but there are more now. but i hardly found i wanted to stop on them. there is so many places you just cant visit them all . they wewre listinmg them inle guide national des aires de services camping car ..lemonde du camping car book . you can pick them up for a few euro,s in france. brittany possibly as the most aires cloe together but they are all over france. have fun .

BigMomma

Ive seen French vans with a huge red FP sticker or two,i was told you stay max one night and must buy at least one box of wine at each stop.Sounds very expensive,near Bourg i followed a red sticker van to buy wine when we got there the least expensive table wine cost 7€ a bottle or 49€ a case (and wasnt as good as a 2€ wine from Cahors)Thats 1500€ PM for FP parkings??
There is no pressure to buy any of the local produce. Who told you that you had to buy at least one box of wine, the brother of the Farm owner probably :rofl::D

vwalan

not growing very much though there was 1500 fp sites in 99 . maybe not so popular to others .

Easyliving

I got my France Passion book and sticker recently. They try to make it plain you are not obliged to buy anything, all they ask is that you say 'hello' and 'goodbye', thats it. Some of the sites apparently don't have anything to sell anwyay.

I was sorting through all the sites books I have bought recently, what with FP, All the Aires, the ACSI books, Bord Atlas etc there is getting to be quite a pile.

Paul

vwalan

the thing is you dont need any of them france is really easy to park up .just head for the church. big carpark .very often toilets and hot water in the wash basin taps .
save the money and buy a beer .

Gazzet

Banned
You dont NEED anything for most of France,you will pass a lot of signs for campingcar aires.A book of aires or icamping and online motorhome facts at macdonalds he;ps to plan when you want to move along a bit,you have a destination and back up in case you arrive ahead of time
You can as well look for the church,or town center parking and just park for the night,or two or----
When i left i filled a sack during the first month with stuff in didnt need and left it at a friends place when i passed them on route to the sun
During the last month as lots of vans hit the road ive sat almost every morning or evening and watched as other vans open the garage im thinking of photographin the amazing amount of junk vans travel with.when i

BigMomma

I got my France Passion book and sticker recently. They try to make it plain you are not obliged to buy anything, all they ask is that you say 'hello' and 'goodbye', thats it. Some of the sites apparently don't have anything to sell anwyay.

I was sorting through all the sites books I have bought recently, what with FP, All the Aires, the ACSI books, Bord Atlas etc there is getting to be quite a pile.

Paul
What !! you havn't got a copy of "Camperstop" as well ;)

BigMomma

You dont NEED anything for most of France,you will pass a lot of signs for campingcar aires.A book of aires or icamping and online motorhome facts at macdonalds he;ps to plan when you want to move along a bit,you have a destination and back up in case you arrive ahead of time
You can as well look for the church,or town center parking and just park for the night,or two or----
When i left i filled a sack during the first month with stuff in didnt need and left it at a friends place when i passed them on route to the sun
During the last month as lots of vans hit the road ive sat almost every morning or evening and watched as other vans open the garage im thinking of photographin the amazing amount of junk vans travel with.when i
We are all hoarders :thumb: Right in the early days of having Trailer Tents and Caravans if there was space to put something then I would take it "It might just come in handy" I used to say.........Mmmmm and still do :( I guess it's only when you hit the road fulltime when storage space is at a premium that you learn to just take the 'essentials' for the lifestyle you intend to have. It's just getting around to getting rid of all those 'cherished' items :eek::eek:

vwalan

you mean children ,wife etc .
you do need bits for breakdowns . food and drink.

Easyliving

What !! you havn't got a copy of "Camperstop" as well ;)
Hmmm, maybe I had better buy that as well just in case.......

This will be our first time abroad in our van and maybe I have gone a bit overboard with the books and atlases but they don't cost a fortune and might come in useful.

I have been busy decluttering the van and clearing out all the stuff we will never use, meanwhile SWMBO has been busy putting it all back ;)

Paul

BigMomma

you mean children ,wife etc .
you do need bits for breakdowns . food and drink.
Alan's checklist:-

Children - Excess baggage, not essential, leave behind :D MMMMmmmm although may come in useful for Emergency rations :confused:

Wife - Excess BAGgage, not essential, leave behind. Can cook on an open fire or have take-aways & BBQ's and got Blackie to keep me warm :D

Breakdowns - Don't forget to take my medications, unless of course the medication is for my memory loss in which case I wouldn't remember why I was taking it in the first place :rofl:

Merle

Breakdowns - Don't forget to take my medications, unless of course the medication is for my memory loss in which case I wouldn't remember why I was taking it in the first place :rofl:[/quote]

You can get pills for that:)

Adverts