More troubled than before...

aikidoamigo

I'm not so 'behind the door'.... certainly think there is a lot I can learn and like to keep my eyes and ears open to what is going on in this world; truth is there is not enough exposure for stories like these.... so I've decided I am going to start spreading the word; it really is quite frightening.

So would like to ask, that instead of watching a big budget movie on a cold winters night, please give some time over and watch some of these; however I have to warn you... you may not think the same about stuff afterward!

(if you prefer to download the link for the one without subtitles is shown below)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Last edited:

vwalan

so hugging trees and parading about sewage works next.
we need food .
its like now with farmers crying over milk prices . if they cant make it pay dont keep dairy cattle. if they stopped trying to sell milk we might all be better off.
others sell fields full to supermarkets and then complain they arent being paid market price .
i sold vw parts . the game was buy right sell right . if you couldnt make a living do something else.
i bought world wide sold cheap to the big boys to get some money back . then sold and undercut most local garages .

aikidoamigo

...I guess you watched the movie then already Alan?

The bit that worried me most was that the big chemical companies own the patents and rights to seeds (when modified, so I guess it is obviously their IP) and so they are pushing the farmers out of business that use their own naturally produced seeds... forcing them into the GM product market or out of business.

Anyhow, if you're past caring... so be it.

Last edited:

vwalan

i worked on the fields that farmers took rent for . they got alot of money not to do anything . the companies plough seed .pick the growth of what ever . then very often leave what they dont want for the farmer to sell . then he complains that supermarkets etc dont want bent carrots or things a bit awkward . thats what the greens and newspapers get hold of . .
i was also a buyer for two super market chains . shopper only buy certain things . super markets only want what sells . bent carrots dont sell .
straight cucumbers and straight bananas mean more in a box . less boxes . less trucks . less fuel . cheaper produce . more sales .
in any business if you cant make it work pack it in . change jobs .
i was good at it but changed to work for myself . then while owning the garage subd out to others doing things they couldnt do.
why do you think i,m used to knocking on factory doors etc . did it for years . still do just for fun .
i,m not past caring . but am past sponsoring bad business and lazy workers .
many farmers are not worth their weight in cow muck.
british industry is at last making it pay , it hasnt since the 50,s .
uk had almost 80%industry sponsored by tax payers .
now its getting on making money .
uk has had bad business for too long .

aikidoamigo

I don't blame business, never said that I did.... I blame those folks that don't want to learn about the impact of the decisions they make.

Shops only stock what sells and makes profit
China only makes what people buy
Ultimately everyone wants to feed their children
Some people care and some people cant afford to care.

Not suggesting what is right or wrong, just spreading the word.

aikidoamigo

OK... I'm not going to allow you to draw me in, you clearly haven't seen that movie either.

;-)

vwalan

china makes things for us . eu cleaned its industry by moving much of it to china . china is now cleaning its industry by moving it to africa . mind eu companies still hold big shares in it .
http://www.smithelectric.com/ these do trucks

aikidoamigo

Agreed.... and many choose to turn a blind eye to save money or for financial gain

vwalan

i cant watch well i can but cant get any sound .
but its all old hat been around in the travelling campfire discusions for years . think of any subject and history shows lots of mistakes . bit like now with wind and solar power . the grid wastes most of it but pays daft money for it . there has been disasters of all kinds . coal mines . boats sinking , it just never ends . for ever good thing there is a bad thing .
the public also turn a blind eye but blame the companies . the workers blame bosses but still keep working for them .
how many folk died in the history of vehicle manufacturing ,steel works etc just so you can have a camper .

aikidoamigo

Certainly difficult to know where the lines grey.

vwalan

i have also bought cattle from farmers . it all fitted in with working for an abattoir. later worked for the big supermarkets we supplied . done almost a full circle in the food trade. other than actally farming itself . also got involved in worlwide supply . i was only 15 yr old when i had the opportunity to be in the london office of one of uk,s biggest food suppliers . i actually turned the job down and went back to working in one of the shops . london at that age frightened me . but it was a real good chance i didnt take . they controlled almost all the nz lamb industry . most of the worlds canning industry. had its own shipping line . butchers and frozen food places all over uk . factories in south america . africa . you name it . and most of the argentinian beef industry. i was too young to realize the opportunity then .
did come in to use later though .
there isnt a grey line . its black with a below and above .
this is interesting reading .uk as been importing food for years we cant feed ourselves .http://www.cooksinfo.com/british-wartime-food

aikidoamigo

No wonder we cant feed 'em all without messin'...

'During the last half-century, the world’s population more than doubled. Between 1960 and 2010, the world population rose from 3 billion to 6.8 billion. In other words, there has been more growth in population in the last fifty years than the previous 2 million years that humans have existed. Currently the rate of population increase is 1.2% per year, which means the planet’s human population is on a trajectory to double again in 58 years'

vwalan

having been involved in it and studying it while i trained as a chef . it all fits into place easy for me .
to me food is important . it is part of religions . pork couldnt be kept for hardly a day after killing in many countries due to the heat. islam etc understands it .
salting was the early answer . that brought its own problems for many in water short environments .
i later worked in the water industry . i found that incredibly interesting ,specially as at the same time was visiting hot sahara desert places . modernization is now letting the start of creating green in the sahara . the west of africa is starting to grow vegetation and fighting back the desert.
but try a look here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestey_Group.
this was the company i started work for at 15 yr old . i started actually alot earlier as a saturday boy but it didnt count . mind it helped me as i knew the bosses as a kid .

hpold

Seeing those chickens you would never eat a chicken kiev again when you saw what went into them . Better playing safe with a tin of dog meat the standards of the content is higher than food for human consumption is . If some thing has bread crumbs on leave it alone you do not know whats in it , the chefs in the army told me so it just covers up a bit of rough meat and look good . Carrots are cheap at riding schools and farms where horses are stabled and taste the same as normal carrots just a bit bigger . Cant grow my own but make my own jam .

vwalan

try selling big carrots to the public .
in fact try selling lots of distorted shape things .
they dont buy them .
i have said before i remember a leg of english lamb costing the same as a whole nz lamb cut to your requirements , 5 quid .
it was me questioning that , i had the chance to go to head office .
i know why the french told us to stuff our lamb . we ripped them off for years . once nz got the free world trade . france got cheap nz lamb . they couldnt have it before uk controlled it . mainly through the vestey group.
at about ten year old i did a job helping a mates brother post leaflets for eastmans butchers . later became an un official saturday boy . by the time i was 15 yr old i could do a full butchers job . remember i lefy school at 15 yrs and two weeks old . fortunately one of the high up bosses visited a shop i worked in .
that took me to london . i was i think far too gobby and asked questions most school leavers never asked .
i was there youngest manager after leaving being in the army and returning . but wasnt happy so went to work in a local abattoir. always hungry for knowledge. then into supermarkets and commercial suppliers .i do admit my gob and impatiences might have hampered me . but also opened doors not open to others .
it got me into other places i should never have got . but it was fun . i,m glad i,m nosey ,ask questions . i often think i learn something every day . shame i didnt know it when i was younger . but wouldnt change anything .

chrisjones18

All the best lamb in New Zealand is exported to Europe, them kiwis get a bit mad about it.
there is just as good lamb in Wales.
thats why you get red and blue stamps on them
first and second class
in work so ill watch them later

Noggin

Watched some of those Aiki - handful of companies controlling majority of food produced; it's also reported that just 90 companies produce 66% of man made global warming http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/nov/20/90-companies-man-made-global-warming-emissions-climate-change - but not to worry let's get fracking, we need the money.

All classic 'money before people' ways that we all let 'our world' be run by; banks are ultimately behind it.
Difficult to change 'money before people' error of man except make personal judgements of our politics, who we deal with and everyone we meet. We brought it all on. Hug some trees, without them we wouldn't exist!

Adverts