Moho super scrimpers

hpold

John Lewis still has the offer on 6 months free coffee, tea or chocolate and cake if you sign up for the card no commitment to buy anything worth over £70 for two of you. They send the vouchers in the post to you , do it on line one for you and one for the Mrs .:cool:

AlaskaGuy

John Lewis still has the offer on 6 months free coffee, tea or chocolate and cake if you sign up for the card no commitment to buy anything worth over £70 for two of you. They send the vouchers in the post to you , do it on line one for you and one for the Mrs .:cool:
Sounds like a deal. Good foraging skills are definitely part of living simply. I keep a plastic container for individual packets of sugar, salt, vinegar, sauces etc from all the coffee shops and motorway servive stations I encounter doing my job. I keep reading about people storing up Tesco vouchers to buy channel ferry tickets. What other super-scrimper tips (confessions!)?

hpold

ASDA has an offer on veg oil 10trs for £8 if you have an old diesel pump injection not the electronic types mix it at 25% and put in the tank drives well just smells a bit like a chip van . I have been doing it for years on the old merc and moho saves pound and its green motoring .

aikidoamigo

Wild camp instead of using sites... Will save a fortune ;):thumb:

hpold

Lidle has an offer on baked beans 4 for £1.20 Branstones good buy if the moho can carry the weight .

vwalan

asda are doing baked beans at 24p a tin .they seem ok.
i usually buy the branstons when they are on for a quid or less for 4. but seems even the offers have got more expensive . so asda it is .

chrisjones18

Wild camp instead of using sites... Will save a fortune ;):thumb:
we will be seeing this as a "must do" as we need to "eat out" as neither of us can cook, even the dogs don't want the left overs :D

tesco vouchers get swapped for meals out vouchers, ie--pizza express, bella italia and so on.

hpold

asda are doing baked beans at 24p a tin .they seem ok.
i usually buy the branstons when they are on for a quid or less for 4. but seems even the offers have got more expensive . so asda it is .
Hey thats 1p cheaper than lidl home brand missed that one .

vwalan

last year lidl had them on for about 89 p if i remember correct .
like to take a dozen or so tins .
tinned spuds still only 15p they are still a bargain .

hpold

Mushy peas from Morrisons are cheap to to go with the fish .

vwalan

think they are cheaper in asda 14p i saw only yesterday.

hpold

You can use vat free diesel for your heating in you van like on the boats got the answer below.

Dear Mr Martin,

Thank you for your query of July 29th.

The vehicle would have to have a separate tank. The tank containing rebated fuel for heating purposes must be incapable of connection, by whatever method, to the running engine.

Yours sincerely,

Robert White

HM Revenue & Customs

Customs, International Trade & Excise

vwalan

lidl half price chocolate with hazelnuts 22p a bar . just bought 168 bars .
winter stores .

vwalan

well i already have some plain milk chocolate bars . . actually the nutty one is 45p normally .
made a good saving today.
mind i only ever buy it when its half price . already had 2 boxes . i milk one nutty .
the plain milk is ideal for use when cooking . makes lovely chocky toppings etc

BigMomma

well i already have some plain milk chocolate bars . . actually the nutty one is 45p normally .
made a good saving today.
mind i only ever buy it when its half price . already had 2 boxes . i milk one nutty .
the plain milk is ideal for use when cooking . makes lovely chocky toppings etc
I used to like the Rum & Rasin chocolate bars, used to be called 'Old Jamaica' but don't seem to see it these days. Also used to like the Fry's Chocolate Cream bars but the fruit flavoured cream ones >:) Cor, now I just fancy some :giggle:

Adverts