Looking for an overnight stay in Spain....to start with anyway

vwalan

Ha ha,

Would be interested to know which routes you took to India? not a place we'd go to but just curious.
turkey ,iran ,pakistan . iran we got a 15 day tourist visa and had to be out quick . shame as it was very nice there and friendly.
there was another route turkey azerbaijan then ferry to turkmenistan ,afghanistan ,pakistan. we had either if we couldnt do one you do the other. or could in the 70,s

vwalan

sorry not being funny but didn't understand reply!!!!!
in the programs you see on tv they are very often just near a village but the camera angles make it look like they are miles from anywhere .

Last edited:

Silver Drifter

Hi Mike. Have a look at the Camper Contact web site. There are literally thousands of listed places to stay, usually listing facilities cost (if sny)etc. The site has saved me a fortune!

Don't worry about travelling in Spain, it's very easy and the spanish driving (outside city limits!) Is very relaxed☺

hpold

Richard Edwards

Tortosa is a lovely old Roman town with a great market in the centre of the town. No experience of the aire you talk about but the Ebro delta is spectacular and our friends found a wild camping site near a beach . It looks more like Vietnamese paddy fields than Spanish but rice is the main crop . Beware little black mossies in the area ...the Spanish pharmacies sell special repellant as they draw blood!
Richard

Mike7692

Hi Mike. Have a look at the Camper Contact web site. There are literally thousands of listed places to stay, usually listing facilities cost (if sny)etc. The site has saved me a fortune!

Don't worry about travelling in Spain, it's very easy and the spanish driving (outside city limits!) Is very relaxed☺
Thanks, will look into that one!

Steve Freeman

turkey ,iran ,pakistan . iran we got a 15 day tourist visa and had to be out quick . shame as it was very nice there and friendly.
So, we now find out it was Alan that caused all the trouble in those countries! :)
I have this image of him being like Donald Sutherland in a tin hat (back in the day), in Kelly's Heroes, motoring through these countries. I assume that trying to sell them ASDA pork shoulder didn't work too well out there....

BigMomma

So, we now find out it was Alan that caused all the trouble in those countries! :)
I have this image of him being like Donald Sutherland in a tin hat (back in the day), in Kelly's Heroes, motoring through these countries. I assume that trying to sell them ASDA pork shoulder didn't work too well out there....
It wasn't the Pork shoulder it was the prices he was selling that bloody expensive Conde Noble they took exception to :D

vwalan

dont be silly . most arab countries make real nice wine and beer.

vwalan

well you went to morocco the other year they have won loads of beer festivals with some of theirs .
they also make alot of wine .
while in tunisia it was easy to buy a real nice local wine made around souse. in fact we tried lots of different ones . think about it wine was being made before christ was born . its all in the bible . or khoran if you like . arabs can drink its allowed.

hpold

dont be silly . most arab countries make real nice wine and beer.
Muslims don't drink they just ask you to buy it in a brown bag . Don't trust them as far as I could throw them they are all nice when you are in their house or company but will stab you in the back once your gone . been to aden and the rest of the places .

BigMomma

Some Muslims do drink alcohol and it is not against their law, however, there are times they cannot drink alcohol and places they cannot attend if they have drunk it. This was borne out in Morocco on New Years Eve when we went out into down town Agadir to celebrate. The streets were crowded and there were lots of Police, lots more than normal, we asked our Muslim taxi driver if this was in case the 'Westerners' got too disorderly, he said No, it was because the Moroccons get crazy when they drink too much alcohol !!

vwalan

but you can be arabic and not muslim. there are alot of christian arabs .
you can be english and a muslim . you confuse religion with race . thats no good .
if you are a muslim you cant pray if under the influence .
but there are loads of christian arabs . also lots of jehovah,s witness,s . i know i go to their meetings and bring back reports for the uk jehovah.s . i,m very interested in many religions .

Adverts