Just Starting Out.

Rich

Hi, everyone, collecting van on Monday, going to rent out the house and go full-time for a while at least first year and go from there, got old enough now to leave kids and take the wife and run away, taken me till retirement age to get sorted.Took 3days to try and get insurance as van 2004, but now found Adrian Flux, what do you do about driving licence address and v5 on van . Have to read through the forums guess there is lots of info on here. Been a member of monochrome fun for a few years now, finally getting it together, looking forward to a new adventure. Rich

BigMomma

Welcome to the forum Rich and many happy adventures :thumb: What address did you use on your Insurance documentation ? Is it the same address as on your driving licence ? You generally just need a UK contact address and this should be the same as those on your driving licence and vehicle registration documents. What are you doing about money when abroad, I am assuming of course that you will be doing Europe. Many people use 'Cash Cards' supplied by Caxton FX or similar companies, no charge for having the card, load multiple currencies and use it in much the same way as you would a U.K. Bank Debit Card.

vwalan

yes welcome to the forum.
most questions can be answered .
many use a freinds or relatives address someone that can get in touch with you or forward mail etc . best you stop and see them often, ha ha .

Rich

as i,m renting out house , going to keep all documentation as this address, but will either change and use boat mail, or just redirect mail to my daughter, doing as much as i can to get everything e-mailed, pretty soon won't need address for 90% of things it will all be e-mail will make this easier, probably just get cash from machines, like i do on holiday, or banks if exchange rate is bad. Santander quite europe wide, have to look into the caxton card see what its like. thanks for your help Rich.

BigMomma

Using your U.K. Bank or Credit Card in overseas ATM's will cost you money as they charge a percentage for each Withdrawal. Caxton do not charge and many of the ATM's do not charge you for withdrawing using the Caxton Card. We do most of our business via Email as you do but you still need a UK address on your Driving Licence and Vehicle Registration documents. Have you got your EHIC cards (still valid until we leave the EU) ?

sundowners

If you redirect mail via PO they will tell gov. So it may lead to other questions that could be awkward.
We use Nationwide flexplus for money while away (debit for hole in the wall and credit card for purchases--- no extra fees and good ex rate)
Nigel

chrisjones18

Hi ,welcome. You say you are redirecting mail to your daughters address, I would say to change your address to your daughters and do all you can on line.... simple really and no hassle .
Do it now before you leave as you will need to take all your documents with you, don't forget to scan them and e mail to yourself.

Adverts