journey of a thousand miles!

mark clark

Hi Mark Diane and beau(dog) 10 weeks away from full time adventure in our gulfstream 3 years planning about to bear fruit. Hope to come across likeminded on our travels.
Love many trust few and always paddle your own canoe.

vwalan

hi welcome seems you arent shy. fire away with any thing you need to know . we can try and help.
we might drift off sometimes but we all mean well.

Mike7692

Hi Mark,

Good luck! Our time is a couple of years, only recently picked up our van and been out a few times -last Friday was "wild" on the edge of Martlesham, where about in Suffolk are you? We're based in Colchester. Made some friends already through here and used their knowledge while we were away!

Mike

mark clark

We are at present in Haverhill, plan is to drop our son off at Maastricht uni in August and just keep going. had our American rv since 2011 only issue is sometimes getting parts but we adapt, improvise and overcome. this is a friendly site and sure we shall be regulars.

Mark

vwalan

well its a big world out there. dont think theres enough time to see it all.but worth having a go. have fun .
might catch you on the road somewhere. cant miss mine its a bit rare .

vwalan

yes .i bought it in 2000.its a1987 lynton 20ft .5ton trailer . down plated to 3.5ton . converted inside by me . originally it had a vwlt50 pulling it . ran that for 7 years but in 07 bought our local grave diggers tipper and made it into the mini artic . shortened the chassis and painted it . all done in my garden . well what was a garden .
works well, one day i might get a 4x4 truck under the trailer but at the moment i think its run this one for ever .

mark clark

Nice one! i'm far to lazy to build and the one we got gives us everything except many MPG. but everything has a price and (at lease a feeling) of freedom is worth it.

vwalan

yes cant beat that feeling . mind mpg isnt everything .i say payload is the thing . being able to carry enough of what you want and be able to get away from it all . just topping up as you need . we very often have no need to go shopping for a month . just as well places we have been .

Silver Drifter

Happy travelling and good luck from a hot sunny Greece:cool:

voyagerstan

great life out there go where and when you want , no responsabilities . cant beat it (wish i could spell)
good luck theres room for all out there .;) stan

vwalan

you didnt smell too bad last time i saw he.

vwalan

i wasnt stood up . i was shitting down . i fink. om me motor bic .

aikidoamigo

welcome, don't forget to sign up for our 'mapping' service so you can track progress and see where other members are during your travels:thumb:

Hi Mark hubby and I are still in the planning stages but it truly is our dream to feel that freedom

What caught my eye was u said u have an American RV something I would love love the idea of space and comfort! I know yr probably goin to be bias but any advice or ghoughts to consider when looking to purchase we would be very grateful

Hope yr enjoying the freedom
Hope you can offer some advice
Thanks
Keira

mark clark

Hi Mark hubby and I are still in the planning stages but it truly is our dream to feel that freedom

What caught my eye was u said u have an American RV something I would love love the idea of space and comfort! I know yr probably goin to be bias but any advice or ghoughts to consider when looking to purchase we would be very grateful

Hope yr enjoying the freedom
Hope you can offer some advice
Thanks
Keira
Kiera
My only advice is to get what you want it gonna be your home, its mostly about compromise really. we took 2 years deciding, visiting shows and dealers but pretty soon realised that most euro vans would not offer the space. we also wanted comfort not something you get with Europeans unless you spend a large amount. hence we decided an American, we are only 24foot but with a slide it becomes big enough we even have a bath!. of course your not likely to get great mileage and that's the compromise and as we intend to not rush anywhere!! why worry. we have only six weeks before the off and we are ready. just waiting for by Motorcycle carrier to arrive (This week). if you have any questions I may be able to help with drop us a line.
Good Hunting
Mark Diane and Beau.

Adverts