Jacques L'Escargot

Bonjour tout le monde. Je suis Jacques L'Escargot, a 28yr old Peugeot J5 based Dethleffs Globetrotter.....Me and my Dalmatian
pup Loki are travellers full time while the driver and mechanic, Simon who does the typing, along with Loki's walker, also the driver's wife Wendy, look for somewhere to live in France. We've been doing this since July, with some unscheduled stops, as I had an engine transplant in October, as the mechanic forgot to get my timing belt changed (his abilities are really limited to anything that can be held together with cable ties or hit with a hammer!). Anyway - any other old timers out there? See you on the road or parked up somewhere ......

vwalan

hi, welcome. would answer in french but i make smelling pistakes in english . speak some arabic but spelling that is even worse. ha ha .
can speak german in car parts , learnt it off the parts we used to sell. hee hee.
but have a good trip and is simon his surname? does his first name begin with an s as well?
france is normally too cold in winter best not live there.
but have fun . cheers alan.

Willum

Hello and welcome. Enjoy the search. As vwalan says - despite his wuddled furds, it's a bit cold in France over the winter, so a lot of us (over 28s:blush:) spend the winter further south. Biarritz is relatively warm, though.:)
Will

Hi and welcome, weather nice here at ste Marie la Mer (66) shorts and t shirts at the moment, has been for days. Have fun with your house hunting.

vwalan

Hello and welcome. Enjoy the search. As vwalan says - despite his wuddled furds, it's a bit cold in France over the winter, so a lot of us (over 28s:blush:) spend the winter further south. Biarritz is relatively warm, though.:)
Will
been in biaritz in january on the way north and been frozen . but just cross the border and head along the spanish coast can be alot warmer.
when my lads were younger we used to often do the french coast surfing . but decided better just ferry to santander and be warmer.
we used to get their presents sent to a tavern in playa la vega ... jose,s bar . used to be a great xmas new year there. its changed now got busier and jose, disapeared .
have friends that live in brittany and st amant de bobbieure and have spent long times visiting them . but winter best go spain . but not inland that can be really cold. but i,m told it was 27c in cullera spain today ,31c yesterday.