Invertor

Monkmoor

Has any one / or does any one know ..

Can I plug a EHU from my inventor into my van so it runs the boiler off the mains ( the vans battery's & invertor..

But I am also aware, that when u use ehu, this charges the battery.

So the thought of the power, coming from the battery, to the inverter, back into the van to the battery charger, seams like a receipt for an explosion..!!!!

Has any one done or tried or know of this concoction..

Please help before curiosity gets the best of me.....

sundowners

Hi. It is very easy to do----- assuming you have a big enough battery bank and inverter------- most inverters (AFAIK). Will burn out really quick if you feed 240 in!!!!!!! To prevent the possibility of this happening ( again!!!!) I feed the power from the inverter in to the EHU socket----- this way it is impossible to feed 240 INTO the inverter!!.------- I have a switch on the onboard charger so very easy to switch it off when inverter is on------ you could easily fit a relay to it to switch automatically----- but I personally prefer as few electronics as possible!!!!
We have 500w of solar 460? Amp of battery and a 3000 inverter. In the Portuguese summer we have enough power to run loads of different appliances!!----- during periods of overcast weather we have to keep an eye on battery power!!
Your boiler is probably 1 or 2 kw so would not want to be left on too long and only during bright sun??

Last edited:

Adverts