insurance

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by terry kiernan, Sep 25, 2017.

1. terry kiernan

terry kiernan New Member

Hi need some advice on personal insurance. About to set off across France Spain and Portugal, for about 3 months, any recommendations of insurers. Would also like to contact snail Brian, possibly meet with before were off in November.

2. chrisjones18

chrisjones18 Well-Known Member

sorry cant help with personal insurance.
    though I will be following the answers as we have ours with a bank account
    this will cease next year when they discover I am not paying the £30k a year into it to keep it open..
    if snail is still on the cl in devon the phone and wifi signal is diabolical ,

3. sundowners

sundowners Well-Known Member

We use EHIC card and the Nationwide flex plus which gives us break down and medical, we pay extra to get extended cover.
    We also have ADAC but are too high to be recovered but still get assistance.

4. Silver Drifter

Silver Drifter Active Member

Hi guys, personal health insurance is fine if you don't have any existing issues. I have Kidney disease which hasn't affected me in the least over the 6 years I've been travelling, however, insurers wanted £3k/year for cover.......errr, no thanks.....

Good luck.

5. BigMomma

BigMomma Well-Known Member

Whilst we are still part of the EU we just carry the EHIC card, this will get you Emergency medical/dental treatment, if it isn't an Emergency then a Pharmacy will usually stock what you need. It is cheap enough to fly back to U.K. If you need further treatment, after being treated for whatever the Emergency was for. If it is not an Emergency but you need to see a doctor or dentist, there are walk-in clinics in most towns. It will cost €20-€50 for the consultation then the cost of any prescriptions at a pharmacy. This is much cheaper than paying the extortionate costs for annual medical cover, which you may never have to use.

Silver Drifter and chrisjones18 like this.
  6. BigMomma

BigMomma Well-Known Member

That time of the year again, fulltime Insurance cover complete with UK/EU Breakdown cover with 'Comfort'. I was expecting the worst, what with the hike in the IPT again this year on top of the value of the new van, was pleasantly surprised, last year £705 and this year £717 that is with Sharon as an additional driver :thumb:

7. chrisjones18

chrisjones18 Well-Known Member

You're robbing them blind and it could have been better if you had just put Sharon as the only driver:rofl:
    Great price though.

BigMomma likes this.