In search of summer sun?

coolasluck

Beautiful up here this bank holiday and also again today.Has clouded up now though so I guess the u.k summer has left the building

vwalan

cleared up in the afternoon , just got back from a couple of hours m,bike ride out .
warm in the sun but if in the shade and the wind catches you its a bit chilly.
bobs gone off running for a while .
well might not be running . ha ha .

coolasluck

Ha ha good old Bob he wont loose weight in that way:sweating::)

vwalan

well the sun is shining and lets hope we dont see the cloud that may come over . been really nice this week. no need to go venturing abroad with the weather we are having .

VWAlan - we are at Par in Cornwall on a family visit for a couple of weeks. I had to go to Newquay airport and back the other day, went through a place called Roche - do you know it by any chance?

Paul

vwalan

yes , i live there . when you get into the center of village instead of going striaght on at the roundabout for newquay take the right turning keep the coop on your right and along that road you will find my house . the garden is full with trucka vans etc ,
its raining now not nice here at moment but call if you like have a cuppa .
we have been busy this morning insulating bobs new van but , call when ever .

vwalan

and the sun is still shining , the rain wasnt much. was great on sunday and already looking good today.
i like the sun . powers my fridg and freezer in the house most of the summer . saves a shilling or two.

Some summer here, bloody lovely one day and needin a fire lit the next day. Been hiding under a rock for while waiting for the sun to appear. Will be a short flippin summer by the looks of it, less time for prepping.............

vwalan

well its still shining here , even light very early in the morning and a lovely orange glow coming through the windows about 6 in the morning .
havnt see easyliving yet ,thought they might have had look in .
bobs off to exeter today with scottish alan looking at units for his van.
not purple yet but hopefully wont be long .

well its still shining here , even light very early in the morning and a lovely orange glow coming through the windows about 6 in the morning .
havnt see easyliving yet ,thought they might have had look in .
bobs off to exeter today with scottish alan looking at units for his van.
not purple yet but hopefully wont be long .

Hi Alan

We are still house / mum sitting at Par until Monday morning then we will be mobile again. We are hopefully heading for a C&CC holiday site on the north Cornish coast. If I am allowed by SWMBO we will swing round your way en route, I will ring first though.

Paul

vwalan

no probs .
been nice though in the sun.
i,m dog sitting at moment while bob and alan (nugget) are off buying .
prefer to be playing on my m,bike really. hee hee.

vwalan

well that was a nice night of thunder and lightening .
reminded me of the similar when i was in spain in 2016 .
even cut the leccy in the house a few times last night .
lets hope its filled the resevoirs up and we dont get much more rain for awhile.

coolasluck

Hi Alan, no storms up here just some lovely weather.We are at Iveco Nick and carols for a while having fun.Its been 2 years since we last saw them.God the time hoes fast!!

vwalan

just misty and not that nice at moment here . but was a real good storm last night .
the lightning was really bright and it was all very close.
dont know if there was any local damage but there might have been.
give regards to them.
had rv rick here the other day. might be back again this week.
expecting chris an english chap we saw at calle negro a few years ago this week as well.
nugget left friday but coming back again in august.
its been chaos here ,good job the neighbours are ok.

Dunroamin

Still at Monsaraz down below on the lake.Fishing for bass is a waste of time,first in September a goer although the carp fishermen are happy.The locals say winter was the worst they have had for years and I have to say "for the end of May the weather is not good".We have had thunder storms and cook your head sunshine.Been here two weeks and only another three vans were here for the night.I dont know why cos I went up to the official aire in Monsaraz on the motorbike and apart from the view there is nothing .
We will stop for another week at least,water we get from the lake and catdyn it.

vwalan

by this afternoon we had lovely blue skies and hot sunshine . did a drive out round padstow and down to newquay. not as busy as i thought it might be but lots on the beaches .
hope the summer is on its way and last nights storm was the last we see for awhile.

Dunroamin

We have had 20 dgrees today as well and 4 hours of pissing rain.We loved the Algarve 30 odd years ago when it was still part of Portugal but now with the "peste branco"we dont go further South than Chicken Maries.Same with Spain no more "Costas"and the "plaga blanco"prefering to be in the countryside.The water here is warm enough to swim in,your van doesnt rust to death with the salt in the air. We filled up with diesel in Spain at one of the stick your banknotes in gasolinerias,500 litres at 1.03 Euros,that is 2,500 kilometers for us.Fond memories of waiting for the boats coming it at Lagos and grilled sardines on the beach.You could buy fish in the fish market but now the restaurants buy everything at a better price than the Portugese can afford to feed the mass tourism. Times sadly change. Go with the flow has never been my credo!!!

Silver Drifter

The weather in mid France is very consistent. ......hot mornings followed by an afternoon thunder storm. Made a slight mis-judgement yesterday and got caught out about 2oom from my van......I jogged the first 150m but then my calf muscle popped and I ended up in pain hopping the last 50m getting soaking wet in the process......
It's actually raing as I write this - 20.13 Wed pm.....

vwalan

well woke to alot of misty cloud this morning , had rain yesterday.
but this afternoon it was smashing sunny and clear skies .
hiace hobbo left yesterday and then pam n keith ,friends for years turned up. they have just got back from traveling in asia so long talks etc over a beer were called for . bit like living in a campsite here just lately.
wonder who is going to turnup next.
looking good for tomorrow nice clear sky tonight .

Adverts