In search of summer sun?

vwalan

Eric, check the Lundy trip office by Verity for notices you may get lucky and see The Waverly paddle steamer come in, usually visits during summer,

Alan what has Bob bought? Iveco twin wheeler, i guess it will be that camoflague colour!
citreon relay extra long wheelbase mid hightop.
cant be white . he would have to change his name then.
he wants to stay at 3.5 ton now . he is retarded now as from february. so no taxis to drive . he will be here most of the summer.
good job i have a big garden ,ha ha .

vwalan

come on he would have to change his name from purple .
bob is his second name .....
he will tell you he is retarded now himself .
he is lucky he can be retarded at 65yr old .
we will have to wait an extra year . or i will. .

coolasluck

Has he broke the news to you yet about not having gas lights?

vwalan

Has he broke the news to you yet about not having gas lights?
i know about the gas lights .
but i also know in a smaller van they are a bit not quite right.
mind we have been looking and working out if perhaps one might be fitted .
soon be getting the bits to kit it out .
havnt found a 50cm x 50cm cooker yet local. found them on line but would be nice to touch and feel if the quality is what he wants but plans are getting done and soon the purple people eater will be out there .

chrisjones18

Thanks for that, would be nice to see that :thumb: Waiting for better weather then will be looking to spend one of our days off on a Lundy Trip ;)
If that's the one from ilfracombe parking is a bit tricky, there's a church in the centre of town with cheap alĺ day parking. We could not get in at the port.

Wales.?.mmmm wet ....yes, we have been up the north bit for over a week and it has not stopped raining.
Loads of spots on the coast @ zero per night and day, but bloody wet.
Anyone know how to re-waterproof a north face jacket ( not gortex )

Dunroamin

Porky came round today after the local campsite owner complained about the wildcamping and politely asked us to move up to the official aire.Rather than that we moved on and are now parked up by a river. Made a booboo with the fishing license,closed season for Bass on stillwater till 18 May but ok on rivers.Be on the water tomorrow.

Silver Drifter

Has anyone been to the FREE Aire at Benagéber (inland 100k from Valencia)?
Tons of space, BBQ and picnic area and get this....an immaculate shower block with W/C's and HOT showers. It's an extremely well kept little village, top marks to them ☺

vwalan

no havnt been there . last few years done lagunna de gallocanta then across and down to torre nostra . or torre blanca . inland on the cantavieja vilafranca albocacer roads .
there really are so many roads across or down spain . all have secrets to share with us . every village has a story to tell.
mind generally we dont use airres . just find a nice place to stop.
bet your having fun though playing on the country roads .

Silver Drifter

Oh yes.....thank God for power steering!

chrisjones18

Oh yes.....thank God for power steering!
bring back the seddon atkison from 40 years ago i say, that will sort the men from the boys:D
I never owned a old one but had one of the last type made, drove like a fiat with one finger. Back in the day you had to dump the clutch and make a big heave on the steering wheel :devil: and pray it would turn
Power steering is a huge bonus:thumb:

Silver Drifter

Blimey, seddon atkinson....that's a blast from the past! I've just read the wiki piece on them - very interesting and well remembered......

come on he would have to change his name from purple .
bob is his second name .....
he will tell you he is retarded now himself .
he is lucky he can be retarded at 65yr old .
we will have to wait an extra year . or i will. .
How about Bob the lilac,got a Celtic ring to it,and a little lighter than purple

vwalan

but his new van is going to be called purple people eater. the signage is already arranged .
got two bodyshops in line only got to decide which one will do the spraying . i,m not this time , gotta be careful with my throat trouble .
got a delivery of ply ,insulation etc for next week windows here now and cooker on its way.
water tanks on order etc . might happen all of a sudden.

coolasluck

If bobs using Rockwall you could always waxoil the inside and stick the insulation to it.if he wants to add the stuff i used let me know and I will dig out the details.

snail

Hi all presently in Soest, Germany, sun out shorts and flip flops, on Aires city motel 8 euro, moving to mohnesse lake tomorrow, dambusters mohne dam,
Stopped few times in Belgium, by a windmill free, at Menin gate, Ypres, 8 euro with Ehu, and by the central canal free with the biggest boat lift in the world claimed, camper contact app is great for finding places, aires
Happy travels
Snails

vwalan

nice here as well .
uk can be really nice .
nature is pushing up plants and flowers really good these last few years .
might be back to nice summers again. hee hee.
lets hope so.
mind it can be very warm in east germany in summer . be nice over by spraworld or what ever its called .
have fun snails , lots to see over there .

vwalan

well all changed again . real thick drizzly mist over cornwall. might be sea mist as you can definitely see it .
bit cold as well. gone from the so called hotest to this overnight .
never mind might get better again soon.

Adverts