How much money do I need?

vwalan

spend what ever you want to.
we dont we like to save a few shilling here and there then buy sweets or toys .
might see a new m,bike i like ,hee hee .
dont eat out . prefer my own cooking . i was in the catering corps.
fix your own vehicle as its like meccano for big kids .
some might think i,m a mean tight fisted old git ,,,,,
but have always been one . ha ha .
have fun live life to the full. smile and be happy is the way.
waking up in the morning is the start of a good day...some dont wake up.

Sueboo

Yes we are all different in life . We enjoy staying and enyoing for the odd caravan site, eating out, having a good scrub down camo site

vwalan

i say life is just a big game.
we play games between ourselves .
too many have already gone .
mind i,m sure my mum and dad are up in the sky looking down from a gypsy pony and caravan . my dad always wanted one with a white and black pony...
he didnt want black n white ,,, everyone has that colour . ha ha .
i know i,m turning into my dad .
if i grow up i would like to be a gypsy.
but i know i,m getting younger ever year...
folk are always telling me i,m getting more childish.
thats getting younger isnt it?

Sueboo

We spend what we have Yes don't get into debt but why scrimp for kids, in the most they are far better than us. We cook or my other half does, love having friends around for meals on route. Eat out and experience where you are. We love the different areas and their cultures. Live in UK for half the year and enjoy with UK meals not bad but then Europe food not bad too.

vwalan

dont scrimp . buy yourself sweets and toys .
i normally spend half time uk half abroad .
going to spain etc is almost like going home .
see some we have known for years . some since we all kids .
only last year saw a chap that we hadnt seen for 31yrs . he is same age as my kids . he remembered their names . he now runs the bar his dad used to run .
unfortunately the dad isnt alive these days .
in some villages the locals come and greet us even before we have settled down.
enjoy ever day.

BigMomma

The thing that gets me is some of the wording that gets used, 'scrimping', 'frugal'. Surely It's all about what the individual wants to do, how they want to live. I know a few people who have money, lots of it, but they choose not to spend it, so it isn't always about how much you have or have not got, it's about choosing to live a lifestyle, short or long term, the way you want to and who cares what anyone else thinks, it's your life at the end of the day :thumb:

Sueboo

You are very lucky living in Cornwall we go there regularly and just love the restaurants, you are so lucky.

Sueboo

The thing that gets me is some of the wording that gets used, 'scrimping', 'frugal'. Surely It's all about what the individual wants to do, how they want to live. I know a few people who have money, lots of it, but they choose not to spend it, so it isn't always about how much you have or have not got, it's about choosing to live a lifestyle, short or long term, the way you want to and who cares what anyone else thinks, it's your life at the end of the day :thumb:

vwalan

You are very lucky living in Cornwall we go there regularly and just love the restaurants, you are so lucky.
i dont eat in the restaurants .
i did work in a few .
but cant buy cooked food .
i,m not rich.
just this evening did a lovely gammon joint in my pressure cooker . so ham sandwiches for supper,mmmmm
i first started working in one in bodmin when i was about 13yr old . and Saturday boy in the local butchers .
found it all so interesting . left school became a butcher . later joined the cvatering corps .then back into butchery ,then supermarket butchery then buying for them.
didnt like cooking in commercial places . but do like cooking .
actually used to cook gammons by the dozen in one job . supplied many cornish hotels with them .
if your down pop in i live in roche . center of cornwall. easy to find . no room for parking though at the moment . but lots locally .

chrisjones18

What's that saying " money is the root of all evil" one things for sure ,you can't take it with you.

don't half wish one of us two could cook:sick: then we wouldn't be giving so much of ours away:(
But we are learning now it's down to a pension.

vwalan

cant beat an old fashioned pressure cooker .
potatoes in first possibly fresh or tinned ones ,out of tin of course. 4-5 carrots sliced . 2-3 parsnips . two slices of spare rib pork chopped up into cubes . bit of gravy granules possible some spices .
little splash of wine ,red or white . half a pint of water .
bring to pressure fit weight to lid .. cook at pressure for 5-6 mins then let it cool down .
ideal. in my 3 or 4 litre cooker i have 4 meals cooked .
mind i do fill the cooker on the 3ltr one .
you can freeze the meals in containers or just leave them in the cooker and warm up every time . easy .
buying spare rib/shoulder jts in lidl at 2.49 quid a kg . the above meals cost less than 50p each.
cant beat it . might do beef or lamb cheap cuts next time . or just vegatables and thick slices of the gammon i again cook in the pressure cooker.
mind i do like gammon honey roasted in the oven,mmmmm.
with honey roasted carrots etc ,mmmmm.

vwalan

dont forget you can alter it abit as well use onions ,or chopped peppers . or broad beans etc depends on whats available or on offer etc .
tomatoes or what ever.
red kidney beans mix nice in it or black eyed beans or chick peas.
even garden peas.
nice to vary it each time.

BigMomma

An easy, healthy and filling lunch:

1 Pack of Tortilla Wraps
Cherry Tomatoes
Lettuce
Red Pepper
Celery
Walnuts
Mayonnaise
Tuna/Chicken

Chop up Salad items and place on Tortilla Wrap, Add Tuna or Chicken, Mayonnaise.

Fold wrap and enjoy :thumb: (This from someone who is a self-confessed salad dodger :giggle:)

coolasluck

An easy, healthy and filling lunch:

1 Pack of Tortilla Wraps
Cherry Tomatoes
Lettuce
Red Pepper
Celery
Walnuts
Mayonnaise
Tuna/Chicken

Chop up Salad items and place on Tortilla Wrap, Add Tuna or Chicken, Mayonnaise.

Fold wrap and enjoy :thumb: (This from someone who is a self-confessed salad dodger :giggle:)

Its the only way to eat salad one of my favourite meals and have had them tonight for tea just chicken and rice e.t.c mmm

vwalan

salad isnt cooking though.
mind i prefer chopped up peppers to lettuce if i,m having a salad.
got used to it when in morocco etc . seems lettuce takes too much water in the growing . plus peppers there are so cheap.
but we must eat lots of meat or the animals will be done away with.
then there will no wool or no leather etc and no milk .

Dunroamin

Like the walnuts idea,we do the tuna or chicken with salad,an egg and mayo.We get the mayo in Mercadona in sachets,not up to Helmans but you dont need to keep it in the fridge .Much healthier than piggy and tinned spuds in the pressure cooker.

BigMomma

Pasta
Fresh Tomato Sauce or Tinned
2 x Chicken Breasts
Chorizo

Dice Chicken into cubes
Slice or Dice Chorizo
Fry Chicken & Chorizo together (when cooked add tomato sauce and simmer)
Boil Pasta in lightly salted water

When Pasta cooked, drain and add to Chicken, Chorizo & Tomato Sauce

Stir in Pasta until coated with sauce, then serve...........mmmmmmmm !!

vwalan

better to have baby pasties .
bet the shephard is all old and rinkled .
i have heard that some eat hot dogs .
i say better to eat the children . the dogs might catch some wild animals we can eat .
after all you can always have more children.
mind you might want a tart as well.

chrisjones18

Salad may not be cooking but it does show that you can eat well, healthily and economically without having to pay to eat out. It will help keep Chris's strength up until we can get around to the more complicated stuff like Shepherds Pie :giggle:
Ha ha..
I can cook one but can't eat it....
Can't have fiber..... gets hard

Adverts