How Many Motorhome Fulltimers are there?

artona

Sadly no idea Jim. It was while we were staying at the Ranch. Duncan of starspangledspanner might well be able to advise. The bloke used to come around and just fill us up each month

sundowners

Last winter we had 47Kg bottle on extenda-stay while we were in the RV------Calor used to deliver--------it was much cheaper, and more convenient than picking up smaller bottles.
This winter, we are more mobile and big bottle is too much hassle--------at least we are getting lpg a bit cheaper by using auto-gas.

MicknPat

Sadly no idea Jim. It was while we were staying at the Ranch. Duncan of starspangledspanner might well be able to advise. The bloke used to come around and just fill us up each month
This is exactly what I was on about and would be great if the LPG companies played ball, only apart from NOT knowing which filling nozzle their tankers had they also said they would only be interested if RV customers like house dwellers ordered several hundred gallons of LPG.

I informed them that business must be very good if they can turn business away.:(

Landy Lover

We use 47kg bottles when we are parked up - if you dont have any storage though the problem is what to do with the bottles when you move off. Many suppliers though dont need a deposit and some sites have a stock and will lend you a bottle if you are staying for an extended time. When we are touring we use 2 x 10kg BP gaslite bottles - easily changed in any area of the UK not impossible to fill either

BigMomma

ut you cant count caravaners etc etc, as motorhome(rs).
is that 'Exclusion' I hear, let us not go down that route. I don't think it should matter what you fulltime in, if you fulltime then you are a fulltimer :confused:

I also think that there are 'Long Termers' who do not fulltime 365 days per year but who spend the 'majority' of their time touring and not living in 'bricks and mortar'.

BigMomma

I have just recently considered the option of selling up and living fulltime on a Canal Boat. I conducted a great deal of research both on type of boats, fixtures, fittings etc but also a lot about differences on 'static' Livaboard or 'Casual Cruiser' which is the official term. There are very similar problems for 'Casual Cruisers' as there are for Motorhome Fulltimers. I will try to give some input to some of the questions posed on here but will also add that there are lots of 'Water Livaboard' blog sites which are very interesting, much like the Motorhome Blogs. I think I said this when I first signed up to this site, when we 'Motorhomers' are discussing/considering issues/problems lets take the tunnel vision glasses off and look outside our particular 'box' and we may just discover that there are also other lifestyles that have much similarities to our's. Some have even found solutions so let's lok at 'How', the precedents may already have been set for other communities that we can use as well :D

BigMomma

Jim,

Having watched the Sky programme 'Water World ' I noted that some people on low incomes are purchasing not only boats but also caravans and RV's and again some remain static where as others 'tour' or in the case with narrow boats 'cruise', which brings us back to the subject of Council Tax.

You will see on the 'link' mentioned that I have asked our narrow boating cousins how they deal with that item, pay up, exempt or what.

Mick
If you are a 'static' livaboard e.g. permanent mooring on a marina then you pay council tax. If you are a 'casual cruiser' you do not pay council tax.

BigMomma

Thanks for the link Mick
I was just reading your thread on there, and wondered how they dump tanks ????
Do they have a 'honey wagon' touring their moorings or have they long enough hoses and macerater ??-----------it's good to see how open they are with you !
Canal boats can have Cassette Type toilets, Black holding tanks or a combination of both. British waterways provide chemical disposal points (Free) along most canals and most boatyards have the facilities much like campsites (Toilets and Showers also). Along canal routes and at Boatyards there are 'Pump Out' stations for Black waste and these facilities cost anything between £8-£15.

BigMomma

I think they have to pump or have their black & grey tanks sucked out :eek: On the TV programme some narrow boats are visited by a chap selling coal, diesel and LPG.
Sorry, missed the second point. There are canal boats that cruise certain canals selling all sorts of produce including coal and logs for the solid fuel stoves, cheeses, breads etc and even floating mechanics ! Nearly all boat yards have shops that sell the same as above including Calar Gas Cylinders and 'Chendelry' for boating accessories, spare parts etc.

BigMomma

we used to have lpg delivered to our own tank-----------and for the life of me , I can't remember what fitting they used ! ! It's the tanker driver you need to talk to !! IF they carried a fitting that worked------you would have to convince the Co. to run a tanker to your small tank----------------------------------they would make a killing at shows though!!!
I have mentioned this before so excuse the repetition. Country Wide Farmers provide LPG at fantastic rates (better than the fuel stations) and although you have to go to them many are 24/7 and you are given a PIN Code to access the locations and help yourself via a keypad to enter your account number. You are billed monthly and can either pay them directly or set up a Direct Debit. Someone thought that they were only based in the South West but this is not the case they are County Wide. I have Gaslow so no more changing/exchanging of cylinders and I can use LPG facilities throughout Europe (where you can find it).

Adverts