Hifly tyres - anyone got any experience of them?

Norton

Hi all - we’re buying our first MH and part of the deal was to replace the old Michelin camper tyres (10 years old but only done 14000 miles)

We’re being offered Hifly all transit tyres - load factor 121, 10ply and all season with M&S and three peak mountain markings on - we plan extensive travelling throughout Europe both winter and summer - van is a Burstner elegance on a Tag axle.

Anyone got experience of these tyres and will they comply with winter/summer tyre legislation in Euro countries that apply it ?

BigMomma

I have no experience of that particular brand, however, also worth checking out the decibel Rating and fuel consumption figures. There are lots of cross climate tyres on the market but Michelin Cross Climates have the top ratings across most of the durability tests. You will need to check out the regulations for each country you intend to drive in as they vary, Spain does not mandate that you have to have Winter tyres or snow chains although they may advise using them in certain areas, other Countries it is illegal to drive in snow conditions or sub zero temperatures without Winter Tyres or Snow Chains.

Norton

Thanks for the input - much appreciated. Am leaning towards the Michelin cross climates because of their performance ratings - just need to come to a deal with the dealer

BigMomma

I am returning to Spain in my Motorhome in early January when the likelihood is that their will be snow in the Picos Europa mountains and the Sierra Nevada. I was considering changing my tyres to Michelin Cross Climates even though my current tyres have only 5,000 miles on them. However, as the main roads and motorways in Spain are usually kept clear I have decided to stay with my Michelin Camper Tyres and see how I get on

chrisjones18

Chinese tyres,,,, some good, some bad , i guess that's an unanswerable question...
I am on Toyo HO8's,

Adverts