hi. robs alive

vwalan

hi just thought i would let some of you older longer user members know rob hall is alive .i spoke to him the other day . he as been busy but will get back on when time lets him . he passes his regards to everyone .

vwalan

he as been busy with doing some work on his mums house .i,m sure he will tell you soon .
i decided to ring as hadnt heard anything for awhile .

Rob Hall

Helloooooooo to my old chums!!!
Yes, Al did ring me and what a nice surprise it was too.
Well, what a year.
We had a jaunt around France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland and came home to a poorly Mum.
Sadly, she was well into the stages of dementia, she suffered a massive heart attack and died in April.
So, I now have to sell my 'van to be able to pay my brother out for his share of my mums house. (I want to keep the house, he doesn't!!)
Strangely enough, we have just returned from a trip to Brownhills to have a look at another, we need to do some maths to see what realistically we can afford.

So, over to you...
What is coola up to?
Where is BM?
How's Akido?
What about the Pelmets? Any new jokes?
And all the rest of my old buddies....what are you all up to?

Not forgetting Al...are you setting off for the winter?

It's nice to be back

vwalan

hi , good to know your ok.
yes off in november . god willing and all that.
bit of a bummer with your mum . i know what its like . had to rush home the other year when my dad died then 5 weeks later my mum died . takes some believing really .
you know where we are if you need anything .
always a shoulder to lean on .
dont forget us . you have my number.
be good and look after yourself etc .

aikidoamigo

Hiya Rob

Glad to see you're still watching the forum, I did think you had sold your van or planned to once before.... Subject to what you want to spend there's a nice Carthago at Travelworld for 40k, it's been sitting for a while and now we are into the down season they may make a deal.

:D

Rob Hall

Cheers Al, I bet you can't wait to get off eh?
Ironically enough, it is 19 years ago...To the day...that my Dad got knocked down and killed on a zebra crossing.

Rob Hall

Hi Akido, I will have a look. I need something a lot smaller than our RS as I need to get it on our drive.

aikidoamigo

I think it is 8.5

Rob Hall

Akido, its not that thing with the blue (hideous) interior is it?

aikidoamigo

Lol.... If you squint it looks like your van on the outside, without the tinfoil awning! :p

Rob Hall

:D Tin foil:D
That awning weighs more than most vans I see on the road!!
Have you been anywhere nice in yours yet?
Have you tried Switzerland?? It's beautiful!

vwalan

you will have to hurry up and get sorted if you want to miss the winter.

Rob Hall

Not too sure if I will make it away this winter Al, but perhaps next year we will.

vwalan

i had a winter here the year before last i hope i never have another one .
was much nicer last winter.
mind nice toady went out on motor bike ,first time this week. i dont go if its raining . hee hee .
might dissolve i,m so sweet.ha ha .

aikidoamigo

We went to Germany for a few weeks in the summer and continue to go wildcamping in the Peak District most weekends... Still working restricts what we can do, not withstanding lack of funds as always!!

coolasluck

Hi Rob nice to hear from you i am wondering if alan can talk you into having a mini artic:rofl:
Was looking the other day to see when you were last on the site and as it hadnt been in quite a while i was wondering how you were.Hopefully this will be my last winter at the royal mail ,so who knows,we may end up meeting up next year at some point oversees.:)

coolasluck

off to wales next week its our first holiday in the hymer this year,as the coach has got in the way.

Rob Hall

We will definitely meet up coola, who knows where.....who knows whennnnnnnn, but I know we'll......etc etc

Adverts