Here's what we bought..............

vwalan

nice .but doesnt look atall like a truck . .what is it .?
do you do 99,s as big as bm does ?
have a go at coffees and teas . make a go of it . hee hee . got no number plate on the front is that so we wont recognize you on the road . ha ha .
but nice one have fun .

BwB

Nice moho!! Is it a dinette or facing benches layout?

Where is your next adventure?? :)

Willum

nice .but doesnt look atall like a truck . .what is it .?
do you do 99,s as big as bm does ?
have a go at coffees and teas . make a go of it . hee hee . got no number plate on the front is that so we wont recognize you on the road . ha ha .
but nice one have fun .
No use trying the selling pitch. Window's too high up to be any use. Could always try the outdoor bbq for burgers, though. Maybe that's why I left the registration number off - so I DON'T get recognised after selling the dodgy burgers:):)
Will

Very nice I can see a couple of extras on the outside.

We looked at this model but layout was wrong for us.

Is it very different to your last one?

aikidoamigo

I guess you sold the van in your avatar for this one, nice switch, that silver screen would even have Rob drooling.

Those mirror cases are a good idea.... So much so that BM also has a pair (and we all know how tight he is with money these days)

:thumb:

Willum

Nice moho!! Is it a dinette or facing benches layout?

Where is your next adventure?? :)
If I read you right, it's the 'lounge' type. The old (and fondly remembered) A747 was a dinette - a table between two opposing double bench seats, a-la railway carriage. Fancied the 'lounge' style this time. A bit better for full-timing. It's a lot roomier and the 'en-suite' set-up is great. Taking in to account we wanted a decent garage, we liked the idea of an Elegance until we saw the lack of storage. The big Dethleffs Esprit was wonderful - but we couldn't find one in the price range and the big Knaus was OK - but not right. Sadly the payload on the 748 isn't as good as the old 747 and the son's inheritance is being further diminished by the uprating exercise from 5,000 Kg to 5,750 Kg. All - hopefully - happening towards the end of the month in readiness for the vanishing act (before Halloween?) in the direction of France/Spain/Portugal, not in any particular order, and returning via Germany/god-knows-where for 6 months.
Who's all doing Christmas in Portugal, then?:thumb:
Will

aikidoamigo

Sounds fantastic, lets have some inside shots when you get time... Would be great to look around :D

Willum

I guess you sold the van in your avatar for this one, nice switch, that silver screen would even have Rob drooling.

Those mirror cases are a good idea.... So much so that BM also has a pair (and we all know how tight he is with money these days)

:thumb:
The silver screen is great. The orange strap across the screen and the black bungee across lower down between the door handles are my mods to stop the HOWLING gales over the last couple of days defeating the magnetic tabs designed to keep the door window panel pieces in place. The joys of autumn in Northern Scotland.
The mirror guards are yet to prove their worth - and I hope they never have to!
Other unseen extras are 280 watts of solar, 1200 watt inverter, automatic satellite dish, SOG loo conversion, awning windbreaks, wifi signal booster, Shurflo pump, microwave, and lots of niff-naff bits for our comfort.;)
Will

aikidoamigo

Wow that's solar and inverter will be great... Sounds like a great find.

vwalan

portugal is too wet n windy for xmas.

Willum

Sounds fantastic, lets have some inside shots when you get time... Would be great to look around :D
Too much going on at the moment - and too flippin untidy. I'll put some up after the weekend - when we set off south, via Edinburgh to show my son where his inheritance has been 'invested', round a few family and friends, the 'uprating' people, the solar/inverter people for a last mod, the awning people for a new 6 metre Omnistor - and the satnav manufacturers to see if I can find a place to ram the piece of junk:mad:.................................
and Uncle Tom Cobley and all....................................:)
Will

vwalan

and i have spent several wet ones . not so bad on the algarve but on the west coast can be drafty. the algarve is too packed with m,homes these days .

BwB

All these bloody motorhomes taking up the good spots in the warm!! :cool:

Willum

..................... which was meant to continue::rolleyes:
The new awning is fitted in a slightly raised position - so we can now open the door with the canopy out!
Our bottom has been raised (she said that, I didn't) by the addition of a rather expensive set of four rubber bags.
The max all-up weight has been increased by 3/4 of a tonne to 5750 Kg.
The inverter is now a 1200 watt item - so herself can use a hair dryer.
.................and we survived the 'Great Storm of 2013' sitting in the middle of Eastbourne, without a single tree falling on us!!:):) .......... but we sure rocked and rolled:eek::eek:
On the down side the leisure batteries proved to be as useless as I feared and I've just emptied another lump of my son's inheritance into a ship's chandler's bank account to get a decent pair. I'd have like three - but that might have been - no, would have been a bit too much for my fast dwindling bank balance:thumbdown:
Come to think of it, even the new MGVW might be tested by three - at 35 kilos each.
Now looking at crossing the channel - after the new batteries are delivered and fitted tomorrow - or even trying the new Bay of Biscay route just opened up by LD. Less than the cost of the fuel to get to Spain. Didn't want to miss France but we're so late now, France has closed for the winter and the weather has bogged off elsewhere!:D
Will and Pat
ooh, almost forgot, been promised - but still awaiting - a refund for the p-o-c satnav. I'll keep you posted (pun intended:))

vwalan

i use brittany ferries to santander . dont have a cabin . only a reclining seat . but end up somewhere else. leave nx sunday i hope .
i find this time of year its better just 20hrs and spain . france can be wet n cold .
theres a few of us on nx week plymouth /santander .
hope its not cancelled .

Adverts