Hello

Hello, me and dog just in process of buying a Hymer B544, it's got solar, 2 batteries and 2 inverters. Waiting for house to sell and then will be hitting the road wherever it takes us. Been 'lurking' here on an off for a bit - massive amount of info here - thanks to everyone who has contributed to my newly forming knowledge base.

Does anyone use their MH as a daily drive - in place of a car? Being a mechanic in a former life I don't really see any obvious problems and should actually be better than vehicles which are standing for prolonged periods? ??

vwalan

hi, welcome . think quite a few do. saves having another vehicle . though lots have m,bikes as second transport.
i use my truck as my car.
mind use m,bikes alot as well. do more mileage these days on m,bikes than in the truck.
so long as your having fun and are happy with what ever you do its ok.
cheers alan.

Pick it up next Saturday, part exchanged the poor old Volvo which has done great. Left hand Hymer B544 with solar, 2 batteries & 2 inverters £12k Will be to & from work mainly 20 mile a day

BigMomma

Welcome to the forum :thumb: I bought my first van by trading in my car and Caravan. It was my only vehicle and so had to use it to get to work, do the shopping, visiting friends and relatives and of course using it for holidays.

GOT IT ! Hymer B544 now sat on drive, following a fair bit of topiary on the hedge :) and for one dreadful second thought; this ain't gonna fit! :)

Silver Drifter

You'll soon get used to it......when I bought my van, also a left hooker- I hadn't even sat in the driving seat......when I did (to drive it home) I almost bricked it.....!!

GOT IT ! Hymer B544 now sat on drive, following a fair bit of topiary on the hedge :) and for one dreadful second thought; this ain't gonna fit! :)
Please, Please don't put one of those caution left hand drive stickers on the back, they only make others think you can't drive without letting others know your stupid

Been no problem at all! Have driven just about every sort of vehicle in army days - suprising how fast things come back - as long as I can see that white line in the rh side mirror I know I'm ok; and keep it tight on corners so I don't swing out :)