Happy to be free

Toskananomad

Hi, I’m Graham, registered as Toskananomad because I live permanently with my two rescue dogs in my 2010 Hobby Toskana motorhome. I’m 73, retired for nearly 16 years and divorced for a similar time. I lived on a narrowboat for 13 years then sold it last year and bought my Moho. Since then I’ve driven the NC500 route, the Moray Firth 100 and back to Cheshire via Northumbria and Yorkshire, plus a trip to North Devon.
This year I’m planning to visit Ireland to drive the 1500 mile Wild Atlantic Way. Although a member of the two main clubs I greatly prefer wild camping. E1760DE8-350D-46B3-A824-4ABE980F2190.jpegE1760DE8-350D-46B3-A824-4ABE980F2190.jpeg

Gabbie

Sounds good, I’m 72 had Motorhomes since early 20year old, so I could get my dog with me, it’s. a great feeling of freedom. I very seldom go into any of the two big sites, a private 5 a night is more natural but the rallies I attend is a great way of using the Motorhome for four or five days a week also I enjoy the vintage cars etc. Done the n500 twice, breath taking !!
Happy travels

vwalan

yes welcome and do tell us more.
i used to do vintage rally,s years ago on my vw trike towing a teardrop caravan .
me ,wife two lads and the dog . was really good . vintage and classic , motorbike and vw rally,s .
like you say get there early leave late .
almost every weekend there is a rally somewhere.
even abroad they used to let us stop early etc .
have fun meet the locals makes good fun.

BigMomma

What we enjoy about being 'on the road' is that you have the freedom to choose to be amongst other like-minded souls or to be on your own. When we were travelling down through Portugal we met two other Motorhoming couples and for a week or so we travelled to the same 'Aires'. We went our own ways when we reached the Algarve but by coincidence met up with them again at different locations whilst we were down there. So it is as social as you want it to be but with lots of opportunities for solitude as and when you want it :thumb:

Gabbie

I’m in Tayside east coast Scotland. I have a great weekend at Druridge Bay in August around the 4th
Beach at one side where you can wild camp then into the country park where there’s a lake, but loads of places within the park for staying. I think the council guy comes around gets a fiver from you. I am in the ralley field . Fresh water, cassette emptying point and toilets in the building this is available for the £5 love Northumberland, friendly people Amble is only 4 miles from the country park where you will get the best ice-cream and fish suppers. Also a great Indian restaurant.
I make a holiday out of it around there then head up to Scottish Borders towards next rally
Sorry for going on , hope you aren’t bored but I can talk on about the Motorhome lifestyle.
I better let someone else get in lol

Toskananomad

Sounds good, I’m 72 had Motorhomes since early 20year old, so I could get my dog with me, it’s. a great feeling of freedom. I very seldom go into any of the two big sites, a private 5 a night is more natural but the rallies I attend is a great way of using the Motorhome for four or five days a week also I enjoy the vintage cars etc. Done the n500 twice, breath taking !!
Happy travels
Hi Gabbie, from your post you sound like my kind of person, a kindred spirit, Moho, dog lover and NC500 driver. Reading that you’ve done the route twice has given me the impetus to do it again, next time in reverse, from east to west. I also plan to island hop throughout the Outer Hebrides. I’ve visited Skye five times, Mull in 2017 and wild camped in my tent at Callanish on Lewis in 1976. Orkney is high on my must visit list too. Hopefully we’ll meet up somewhere on our travels sometime.

Toskananomad

Welcome to 365!!
Sounds like you two were destined to meet here to travel together, I think life is more enjoyable if you can share those moments/places!!!
Hi Nigel and Pamela, that’s a lovely thought. Karma has a strange way of enhancing life by turning strangers into friends through shared interests, and much as I enjoy a solo nomadic lifestyle there are times when I’d like a travelling companion in tandem to share experiences with.

Adverts