Goodbye to Dipping a Toe.

Fatima Saysell

I feel very sad about learning that dear Sue has passed away. We met her on the Adventure Overland Show in Stratford-Upon-Avon and she really inspired me. I shall never forget how she said that her plan was to "Turn right at Calais and keep on going", which inspired me to do just the same. She was an amazingly brave lady and I shall never forget her. Farewell, Sue, until we meet again. Lots of love.

coolasluck

Hi Fatima thanks for letting us know.
Like you I also met her at the overland show.Really sad news and as you say an inspiration for many. I heard she had cancer but never did know much more than that.Very sad.

Fatima Saysell

Hi Fatima thanks for letting us know.
Like you I also met her at the overland show.Really sad news and as you say an inspiration for many. I heard she had cancer but never did know much more than that.Very sad.
Yes, I felt awful when Peter told me this morning. I was in touch with her through FB and I knew she had terminal cancer. Peter is recovering from this dreaded illness too and this is why we quit our jobs, sold house, etc, so it makes it all the more poignant. Life isn't fair sometimes. Live to the full while you can.

Merle

Yes, I felt awful when Peter told me this morning. I was in touch with her through FB and I knew she had terminal cancer. Peter is recovering from this dreaded illness too and this is why we quit our jobs, sold house, etc, so it makes it all the more poignant. Life isn't fair sometimes. Live to the full while you can.
As you say Fatima, Sue was such a lovely inspiring lady who helped make our get together at the Adventure Overland show something special. So sadly missed by all who had the fortune to meet her.
I hope you and Peter enjoy your travels collecting valuable memories
Dave

Fatima Saysell

As you say Fatima, Sue was such a lovely inspiring lady who helped make our get together at the Adventure Overland show something special. So sadly missed by all who had the fortune to meet her.
I hope you and Peter enjoy your travels collecting valuable memories
Dave
Thank you, Dave. I last heard from Sue through FB in January when I shared pictures of pink flamingoes in the Camargue, as I knew she had also gone looking for them when she set off on her journey. I knew things had taken a turn for the worse as she had to re-home Phoebe recently because she was too weak to look after her. It broke my heart. The Family said they are holding a private funeral and not to send flowers, but those who wish are invited to contribute towards her charity in Gambia, where Sue paid for the creation of a water hole to help the locals. It sounds just like her. Such a sad loss! RIP.

We are back at Moissac in the Tarn et Garonne department in southern France, where we spent Christmas and it is the 4th time we visit in 5 months. It really is a lovely place and the motorhome aire is only 6 euros, including water and EHU, nestled between the river Tarn and the Canal of the Garonne. If you are ever down this way, make sure you visit. All the best to you both too.

chrisjones18

It is very sad to read a post like this about someone who has lost their battle with cancer...
I have lost some good friends to the horrid disease. ...
Best wishes to the family..

BigMomma

This week I received a Skype Text from one of my oldest friends, he told me that his wife, who survived one bout of Breast Cancer a few years ago has just, within the last fortnight, discovered that it has returned :oops: She is only in her late 40's :wasntme:

Adverts