Good smelling deodorant for dogs?

Hi all - I have some Bob Martins but the smell although ok is not all that pleasant. I must admit I bought it about fifteen years ago, but never needed it as I could wash and dry Phoebe. Now that is no longer an option I need something which smells nice and is kind to her as well. Anyone used anything good?

hpold

Hi all - I have some Bob Martins but the smell although ok is not all that pleasant. I must admit I bought it about fifteen years ago, but never needed it as I could wash and dry Phoebe. Now that is no longer an option I need something which smells nice and is kind to her as well. Anyone used anything good?
Baby shampoo is good as I used it on my dog when he was 11 years a yorky blacky and tan and it does not agrevate their skin :cool:

hpold

Thats the problem really as I just can't wash and dry such a large dog in this cold windy weather, hence asking if anyone knew of a good dog deodorant
Hi you can try Johnsons dog deodarant spray it's £2.89 . Ask them if you can try before you buy .;);)

hpold

Thats the problem really as I just can't wash and dry such a large dog in this cold windy weather, hence asking if anyone knew of a good dog deodorant
How big is the dog ? you could give him or her a quick shower and put him a card board box with his head out and put the hair dryer through a hole and put it on low to dry him , Normally they shake them selves dry and rub their face on the floor to get dirty again thats what mine use to do .

On The edge

How big is the dog ? you could give him or her a quick shower and put him a card board box with his head out and put the hair dryer through a hole and put it on low to dry him , Normally they shake them selves dry and rub their face on the floor to get dirty again thats what mine use to do .
He he...You need to look at Sue's online journal. There are plenty of pictures of phoebe on there. She would need the box that a motorhome comes in :D

aikidoamigo

If you have some space in an external locker / garage, why not get your water pipe extended and have an external shower mixer head fitted? We have one as standard in the garage on our van and it means that you can rinse off / wash outside the van with warm water from your system... it would be perfect for cleaning off a dog before allowing them inside.

Shouldn't cost too much as I would imagine it is pretty easy to do as a pipework extension and mixer valve fitted on the end.;)

Thanks all. Phoebe is pretty big, though small for a Great Dane.

She is very fastidious and doesn't get dirty, but she is still a dog and now we are in a small confined space I don't want it to get too doggy smelling.

I used to wash her with the hosepipe outside, but only choose very warm days, then she would roll in the grass and run round till dry, but she is over ten now, which is old for a Great Dane, so I wouldn't want to stress her or let her get chilled, plus warm days with dry grass are few and far between in Shetland.

I have contacted various 'Dog Wash' people, but they dont seem interested, which I can hardly blame them. I wipe her coat with baby wipes and that helps to keep her fresh smelling, and I keep her bed done with fabric freshener.

Its just I thought a fair few of you might have dogs and have agood solution. :)

chrisjones18

you need a deodorant for dogs , not a shampoo. try "pets at home" other outlets are available
though the outside shower is a very good idea

Wandering Star

I just asked a friend who has a dog about this and she recommends using half water/ half apple cider vinegar in a 'mister' not really sure what that is, but she just sprays her pooch and has had no issues with woofpong. Hope this helps?

hpold

I just asked a friend who has a dog about this and she recommends using half water/ half apple cider vinegar in a 'mister' not really sure what that is, but she just sprays her pooch and has had no issues with woofpong. Hope this helps?
A mister is used to spray fowers with water or when you are ironing with a cheap iron that has no water spray . In malaya the dohbi wallas use to spray out of their mouth when ironing your washing .Thats a few years back .:D:D:D

A mister is used to spray fowers with water or when you are ironing with a cheap iron that has no water spray . In malaya the dohbi wallas use to spray out of their mouth when ironing your washing .Thats a few years back .:D:D:D
So glad I'm British :thumb: I really do draw the line at spitting on clean laundry :eek::eek::eek:

vwalan

never washed my dog unless it rolled in some stinky stuff. lived most of its life in either a vw camper or my truck.
a good dog should clean itself . .mind it helps if they arent in rainy uk in winter.