Goal Zero Solar Generator - Any Good

Again in preparation for the future and with the recent weather I thought it a good idea to be able to park in the shade but still use the suns power. I came across the Goal Zero Yeti 1250 and was hoping you guys may pass comment.

I had no replies to my previous post regarding "Motorhome Surveyor" so hoping for better luck this time.

Would like to get back in touch with "BigMomma" as that was my first point of contact a few years ago.

Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ian

chrisjones18

Not a clue what you are talking about.
Have you a link in case Google gets it wrong.
You will have to wait until bigmomma reads this as I think he blocks Pm's
Or use his blog address , it's on his posts..... I think.

I use solar

vwalan

never heard or seen them. but hello.
i use normal solar and a cheap pwm regulator and truck wet batteries . been using them 18 yrs now . have changed the batteries a few times and the regs once but only as the first reg was a real cheap moroccan on off reg.
i use 6x80 wt panels and about 500 amps of battery . 2 big batteries and 2 the same as my truck so in emergency if a truck battery went down i have spares.
as to m,home surveyor its aa, or a dealer look at i would say.
i do carry a nice diesel genny to power my inverter welder if needed .
its silent after 15 minutes ,or should i say you cant hear it as you have gone deaf with the noise. ha ha.
let us know how you get on . cheers alan.

BigMomma

Again in preparation for the future and with the recent weather I thought it a good idea to be able to park in the shade but still use the suns power. I came across the Goal Zero Yeti 1250 and was hoping you guys may pass comment.

I had no replies to my previous post regarding "Motorhome Surveyor" so hoping for better luck this time.

Would like to get back in touch with "BigMomma" as that was my first point of contact a few years ago.

Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ian
I am still here Ian :thumb: I do not know anything about the model you are quoting, is it a portable or fixed unit ?

never heard or seen them. but hello.
i use normal solar and a cheap pwm regulator and truck wet batteries . been using them 18 yrs now . have changed the batteries a few times and the regs once but only as the first reg was a real cheap moroccan on off reg.
i use 6x80 wt panels and about 500 amps of battery . 2 big batteries and 2 the same as my truck so in emergency if a truck battery went down i have spares.
as to m,home surveyor its aa, or a dealer look at i would say.
i do carry a nice diesel genny to power my inverter welder if needed .
its silent after 15 minutes ,or should i say you cant hear it as you have gone deaf with the noise. ha ha.
let us know how you get on . cheers alan.
Hi!
Yes, others have said it's a lot of money for something that a cheaper solar set up would well out-perform. I'm gathering information for the future when I'm free to roam. Thanks for your reply.

I am still here Ian :thumb: I do not know anything about the model you are quoting, is it a portable or fixed unit ?
Hey how are you? Not sure if you remember me but you were very helpful when I first came to this website. I'm still with the plan of motorhoming when the time comes. I'm currently still caring for mother. Anyway, how have you both been? Many more great travels under your belts. Have you written a book yet?
All the best
Ian

BigMomma

Not sure whether you are a follower of my blog (details below), but we are still on our lifestyle adventure, although a few twists and turns have been encountered along the way. Haven't written a book, just persisting with the blog as I still enjoy writing it, a book brings too many pressures with deadlines, limited content and photographs etc. so it would take the enjoyment away :thumb:

sundowners

Maybe I misunderstood the yeti, but it seems like an expensive battery to me????? It still has to be charged from an electrical supply ????------- or are you planning to invest in their solar panels as well ????
The lead with two plugs on for £50 or whatever looks like two 50a ?? Anderson plugs (around £5) and a short piece of cable ?????
Maybe I am missing something ?????