Fylde, Lancashire

bigtree

Another good one is Forges le Eaux,you pay for this one though 6.32E I think.Plus if you are over 3.5 t it tells you to go via the easterly approach,but I wouldn't bother as you then need to right through the centre of town.

BigMomma

just about all of them can take yours its not a big vehicle.
best just look for free ones .
shame nobody as been on to you for years ha ha .
According to the Aires book a large vehicle is considered to be over 7 metres :eek: However, most of the ones that I have listed as 'parking only' also have services so it would be a matter of just strolling over to see whether our vehicle would fit on the service point, if not, then we have a 25 Ltr water container, the Cassette loo is on wheels and I am sure there would be a drain close to hand ;) Loads of 'FREE' ones :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Can't believe no-one told me before that I didn't need to stay on campsites, must have thought I had money or something :eek:

BigMomma

Another good one is Forges le Eaux,you pay for this one though 6.32E I think.Plus if you are over 3.5 t it tells you to go via the easterly approach,but I wouldn't bother as you then need to right through the centre of town.
Don't know about you but whoever compiled, edited the French edition of the Aires book didn't do a good job. Some of the place names are spelt wrong, making it hard to find them on a map, some road numbers do not corollate and some of the street names are mis-spelt :mad: I guess half the adventure 'on the road' is getting from 'A' to 'B', but I will be trusting some of the journey to the SatNav so that I don't go down roads that are too narrow or have low bridges :eek: the rest will be down to the Navigator and her Michelin map :D

BigMomma

might keep him in france . its lovely there in winter .dont know why they all dont stay there. lovely uk ran campsites as well . no need to speak a foreign language badly .hee hee. seems spain is getting bad just had a tx from a mate that lives there he says parking is being banned at many of the beaches now . he lives inland from denia so lets hope its only his area but he reckons its going to be hard this year.
Probably those fulltimers BBQ'ing in the woods that caused the Cost del Sol heatwave recently :oops::oops:

DAM DAM DAM.............Now you've gone and done it:rolleyes:...............we use that one all the time, now it means we might bump into BM:cautious:......................Well if we do it's your round Eric:thumb:

BigMomma

DAM DAM DAM.............Now you've gone and done it:rolleyes:...............we use that one all the time, now it means we might bump into BM:cautious:......................Well if we do it's your round Eric:thumb:
Well now that I can save some money by not using campsites I can afford to keep the wine cellar stocked up :D Let's have a Party but keep your 'Aire' on :rofl::D

bigtree

Sorry it's Forges les Eaux,know what you mean about some of the details I was heading for one on the Loire between Saumur and Parnay and it had me on the wrong side of the river.When i got over the river I came upon roadworks that really screwed up my directions,ended up going to another Aire.

BigMomma

Yea, guess it can be frustrating at times but on the other hand, it's all part of the adventure and you may just end up finding something or somewhere better which, if you hadn't got lost/diverted etc you may never had happened upon :thumb: The biggest problem with doing all of this research, plotting is that you read all the descriptions of the places and I just want to be out there doing it NOW !!!!!!!

BigMomma

Sorry it's Forges les Eaux
Can you give me some more details for plotting on my map e.g. Location (Street ?), Services available on aire (Water, Grey Waste, Chem Disposal, Electric) Type of Service Point (Flot Bleu, Euro Relais etc), Number of Parking Spaces, Limitations as to time you can stay, anything about local area (Shops, Restaurants, Swimming Pool etc) Cost of Services and cost of Parking (or does the price you stated cover everything) :thumb:

Pollik

Thats crap alan,believe it or not we have tried to get water at loads of churches but can we ever find a tap anywhere:rofl:
How odd that this should crop up today. I am parked up outside a cemetery and, out of curiosity and for the first time, I thought I would have a look. One big sink, two taps and, incidentally about 6 plastic bottles for people to use to water the flowers.

@BM - on larger vehicles, I am 8.3 meters...I just assume that aires will be big enough. I tend to ignore the 3.5T limits when they add the french equivalent of "except for residents/buses/deliveries/etc. In three months I have not had any real problems...occasionally, I have protruded more than most, and had the occasional sarky comment like "Is that big enough for one person?", but nothing important. I have had more problems with roads which I have either regretted going down, or chosen not to, because of size. And yeah, apart from Calais and Port Vendres, they have all been free.

BigMomma

How odd that this should crop up today. I am parked up outside a cemetery and, out of curiosity and for the first time, I thought I would have a look. One big sink, two taps and, incidentally about 6 plastic bottles for people to use to water the flowers.

@BM - on larger vehicles, I am 8.3 meters...I just assume that aires will be big enough. I tend to ignore the 3.5T limits when they add the french equivalent of "except for residents/buses/deliveries/etc. In three months I have not had any real problems...occasionally, I have protruded more than most, and had the occasional sarky comment like "Is that big enough for one person?", but nothing important. I have had more problems with roads which I have either regretted going down, or chosen not to, because of size. And yeah, apart from Calais and Port Vendres, they have all been free.
Thanks for that Polly :thumb: If you can do it at 8.3 metres that gives me confidence, I guess it's all about driving on the Aires and taking a look ;)

vwalan

bm ,doesnt your book tell you all that. my french book tells me all the things you asked.le guide national des aires de services camping car by lemonde du camping car .
best get a book over there. one day you will realise anything about m,homes etc bought in uk that as anything to do with anyone in uk is a rip off . bit like uk campsites abroad . all they see is the dineros . buy abroad save lots .

bigtree

Forges has all water services free,has lots of electric points as I said something strange like 6.32E per night.Le Coudray Macouard 27 in the green zone,pays de Loire,free fill empty.No.74 Centre,Ste Maure de Touraine good if you have other transport,like a bike ,nice and central for visiting the surrounding area.I think it's a private Aire but for 2.50E a night for 2 with free wifi excluding all services,they charge extra for filling and emptying 5E.Right next to the D910 (n10) great road for quick,free north south travel.Just make sure you are filled up before arriving,bonus is they have a ladies and gents toilets plus a sink ,and if you need to wash anything a washing machine (charge). My Aire book is the current one 3rd edition,new to all this but lovin' it.Off for another 2 months plus in 2 weeks time.Southern France then into Spain for the last 2 MotoGP's,was thinking on Calpe for 4/5 weeks between races unless Alan can give me any other good pointers?

Trev.

BigMomma

Forges has all water services free,has lots of electric points as I said something strange like 6.32E per night.Le Coudray Macouard 27 in the green zone,pays de Loire,free fill empty.No.74 Centre,Ste Maure de Touraine good if you have other transport,like a bike ,nice and central for visiting the surrounding area.I think it's a private Aire but for 2.50E a night for 2 with free wifi excluding all services,they charge extra for filling and emptying 5E.Right next to the D910 (n10) great road for quick,free north south travel.Just make sure you are filled up before arriving,bonus is they have a ladies and gents toilets plus a sink ,and if you need to wash anything a washing machine (charge). My Aire book is the current one 3rd edition,new to all this but lovin' it.Off for another 2 months plus in 2 weeks time.Southern France then into Spain for the last 2 MotoGP's,was thinking on Calpe for 4/5 weeks between races unless Alan can give me any other good pointers?

Trev.
Brilliant, thanks Trev :thumb: I believe that the Pelmets spend time in Calpe they may be able to assist ;) Do you use the Camperstop, Bord Atlas publications as well ?

Rob Hall

Where are the Pelmets right NOW?

vwalan

just follow the coast you can find places .this time of year inland can be good just stop where ever you feel its ok.
forget all the books get a cepsa mapamax and your away.

bigtree

I bought All the Aires and the ACSI Camping card earlier this year,other than that I use all my old guides that I have used for years.I have downloaded quite a few camper guides and will buy the Bord Atlas for next year.I subscribe to Motorhomefacts and they have a good database that I used last year to find a Stellplatz on my home from Munich with Orville the Truck (my Frankia).:)

Adverts