Full timers/long termers who abuse the system

chrisjones18

Duunroamin....
Brilliant, please forward the link for the "system" when you get it :D

BigMomma

Unwritten Rules to adhere to
  • Think Security- Don’t park in an area that might be frequented by low-life, conversely a remote location brings it’s own problems. See Top Tips for Security when Wild Camping
  • Do not damage anything. Most land belongs to someone, do not remove branches or damage crops. Don’t use BBQs with a risk of fire etc.
  • Don’t make a camp of it. Deck-chairs, awnings and windbreaks should not be used unless you are extremely remote and not overlooked.
  • No Litter – Not even in bags. Store your litter inside. The practice of putting it under the motorhome in a black sack looks awful, chances are a animal opens the sack and spreads litter everywhere.
  • Always try to avoid camp in-sight of a houses, its not always possible but where it is, it’s best done. These home owners are normally the first to call the police.
  • Never let waste drip onto the ground. We all know that a little grey water won’t harm the environment, but if the public see liquid coming out of your motorhome they often assume the worst.
  • Dispose of sewer waste responsibly. Never assume that a manhole is for black waste it might not be. An extra cassette to double your black waste is always a good idea. You can buy storage solutions for these so they fit under the motorhome.

BigMomma

Just before anyone takes umbridge with me, the above was copied from another forum and I thought it made good common sense. They obviously do not cover all of the accepted 'unwritten codes' that most of us accept and adhere to, but I think that it is up to each individual to be grown up enough to know what is acceptable and what isn't. Nobody on this or any other Motorhome forum has, to the best of my knowledge, been elected to act as a member of the Motorhome Community Police' but I would hope that we are all mature enough to know the difference between acceptable and unacceptable. We are all different and enjoy the motorhoming lifestyle in different ways and that's the way it should be.

chrisjones18

The gripe in the first post was about people on this forum and that sites in France and Spain have got closed down because of us...
If they felt that bad about it why not say to the people responsible (in their mind) at the time.

coolasluck

Tittle tattle if you ask me Chris.Not too many on this site these days.Running to Jim to tell tales isn't going to scare anyone! We all have our own ways of doing things and hopefully it doesn't ruin it for all.Where we are there are bushes where the surfers crap and piss but we can't blame them

chrisjones18

Tittle tattle if you ask me Chris.Not too many on this site these days.Running to Jim to tell tales isn't going to scare anyone! We all have our own ways of doing things and hopefully it doesn't ruin it for all.Where we are there are bushes where the surfers crap and piss but we can't blame them
Have spade will travel ....... whoops
Anyway 1 house sold (hopefully) waiting on contracts and we are going south,
had enough of waiting and dont care what month we leave..... as we have had close on 50°c in Australia.

Dunroamin

Do you know why the mohos park bumper to bumper ? Not for security but when they are ilegally parked with table and chairs out the police try to first take a photo of the complete assemblage including,very important the number plate.Then the fine comes.Evidence with time stamp gathered.Bit difficult to get the number plate in the pic with them so close together.Sneaky buggers eh!!!!!

Dunroamin

Oh forgot,there is already a code of conduct.The Spanish penal code.As far as I can remember John and Joan posted the relevant section on here.

wanderlust51

I think the main reason that places where we were welcome before is the fact its got too popular and the numbers are ridiculous at some of the park ups
It’s best to keep to yourself I have found,after a horrific end to my last trip abroad,might feel safe to park up in numbers but we prefer our own company these days

coolasluck

Have spade will travel ....... whoops
Anyway 1 house sold (hopefully) waiting on contracts and we are going south,
had enough of waiting and dont care what month we leave..... as we have had close on 50°c in Australia.

Fingers crossed for you Chris!!:party:
Freinds of ours couldn't wait to hit the road and did before it all got finalised. 33 degrees is too much for me so can't imagine 50

coolasluck

I think the main reason that places where we were welcome before is the fact its got too popular and the numbers are ridiculous at some of the park ups
It’s best to keep to yourself I have found,after a horrific end to my last trip abroad,might feel safe to park up in numbers but we prefer our own company these days

Yep we find the same as you really although it's a false sense of security it's ok to be around 6 or 7 vans but anymore then it's time to move . The spot on its own is great to get work done without being bothered. Think beginning of may is a good time to go back to blighty.

coolasluck

Do you know why the mohos park bumper to bumper ? Not for security but when they are ilegally parked with table and chairs out the police try to first take a photo of the complete assemblage including,very important the number plate.Then the fine comes.Evidence with time stamp gathered.Bit difficult to get the number plate in the pic with them so close together.Sneaky buggers eh!!!!!

Mostly French I'll bet
On the coast near torrelevega get ferry back on the 8th as it got cancelled. Shopping at torrelevega on Monday just wondering where I should stop........:mm:

coolasluck

Saw a library bus at ribadisella it was u.k registered.Wondering if it was voyagerstans? Hope it wasn't as we were in a rush so didn't stop.

vwalan

Mostly French I'll bet
On the coast near torrelevega get ferry back on the 8th as it got cancelled. Shopping at torrelevega on Monday just wondering where I should stop........:mm:
at the railway station , sierra panda . just up the road from lidl ,carrefour, aldi . etc
did you use the airre de service for auto homes on the coast sort of road east of ribadesella .
there is water and a toilet drop. ,a few places for parking but have never actually stayed over night.

wanderlust51

at the railway station , sierra panda . just up the road from lidl ,carrefour, aldi . etc
did you use the airre de service for auto homes on the coast sort of road east of ribadesella .
there is water and a toilet drop. ,a few places for parking but have never actually stayed over night.
Good advice alan,always got some where in mind

wanderlust51

Yep we find the same as you really although it's a false sense of security it's ok to be around 6 or 7 vans but anymore then it's time to move . The spot on its own is great to get work done without being bothered. Think beginning of may is a good time to go back to blighty.
I haven’t wintered in Spain,but I like Spring and Autumn,so usually before or after the hordes

vwalan

Good advice alan,always got some where in mind
i wrote it badly . the station doesnt have water etc . but you can have a night there.

the auto homes service station at ribadesella has water etc and some do stop a night there. .
could make a nights stop for someone.

some might find this interesting as well for fuel. https://www.fuelflash.eu/en/?land=es&suchfeld=san+vicente+de+barquera&entfernung=5&sorte=diesel&sortierung=preis
have a play its a good site to keep on your computer.

coolasluck

Hi Alan I'm having a jest! We have met up with you there before ,must be your memory lol
But I wondered where you were,knew you would come out of the woodwork eventually,hope your ok mate:thumb:

vwalan

i,m in lovely sunny cornwall.
great m,bike weather at moment.
sold my kawasaki. , so think i might put the suzuki back on the road, give the little one a rest.
so i wonder are you going for a widdle at lidl or are you having a wagle at tagle?
tagle beach as always been one of my favourites.
hope you found that fuel price thing handy. i have.
have a good time where ever you go .

vwalan

soon be time for you to return to this lovely green green grass of home.
been great this spring so far. the flowers and wild flowers etc have been fantastic.
bring on global warming , gives us something nice to look forward to. hee hee

Adverts