France

Alan Heath

This is an overnight stop after taking the ferry if you are heading towards Belgium, Holland or Germany. It is called the Aire de Ghyvelde (I may have spelt that incorrectly). It is the first reasonable place to sleep for one night but nothing more. The advantage of it is that you can take advantage of much cheaper ferry crossings - I think I paid GBP37 in September 2012, for the car I think it is GBP20 or GBP25! Furthermore there are several lay bys in the UK before getting into Dover where you can rest before taking the ferry.

Silver Drifter

Bassin D'Arcachon
Parc Orthologloue do Teich - south west of Bordeaux

A shaded grassy dedicated aire type stopover with fabulous walks and a large fresh water pool to swim in and electric river boats for hire, Fabulous stopover.

hpold

Hi silver are you still drfting or have you landed yet ? Been a change at park orth... barriers have been put up . safe travels .

Silver Drifter

Hi silver are you still drfting or have you landed yet ? Been a change at park orth... barriers have been put up . safe travels .
Hi,
Thats a shame, i love it there......I'm en route to Exmoor as I write.....cold, damp.....why am I here??☺
Where are you guys?

hpold

Hi,
Thats a shame, i love it there......I'm en route to Exmoor as I write.....cold, damp.....why am I here??☺
Where are you guys?
Hi just in germany at the mo, red hot here and it is whit weekend for them shops closed on the monday. You will have to stock up and head back over silver . Just had a look at an RMB nice build but it had two single beds at the back think the double will be better more room at the front . Have a hot toddy that will keep the damp away or at least you will forget about it .

Silver Drifter

All changed! I'm now sitting on a motorhome car park in Bideford N DEVON and its a gorgeous evening! Hope it lasts!

hpold

All changed! I'm now sitting on a motorhome car park in Bideford N DEVON and its a gorgeous evening! Hope it lasts!
Should last for a few days have a safe trip. Will you make the meet?

Flamenca

What is the Bideford stopover like? Is it reasonably quiet at night? Torridge Council seem to be alone in the West Country to allow overnighting in a motorhome :)

Silver Drifter

Flamenca..its a nice spot, right alongside the river. Overnight was quiet but the road sweeper crew came round at 7am! Didn't mind though, at least the place is looked after, then the ticket inspector strolled by at 9am, but he smiled and bade me a good morning! Im also staying tonight - just slightly suprised that I'm the only unit on here.......no jokes please!☺

Silver Drifter

You have not missed it its in september the overland show .
Ok, I thought you were talking about one this weekend! I hope to be somewhere warmer by then!!

hpold

Ok, I thought you were talking about one this weekend! I hope to be somewhere warmer by then!!
Should still be warm at that time and you can partake in the gob stopper race enjoy the bacon banjos from uncle Aiki and all the other fun that goes with it . The ferry prices will be lower then also.

Merle

Miss the Overland Show gathering at your cost. Can't guarantee the weather will be warm or dry but we can guarantee the atmosphere and that will be superb.
Contact me for a booking form
Dave

Adverts