exciting times ahead(ihope)

Hello All, we are not new to motor homing but we have decided to sell up and tour long term in the van, in fact we accepted an offer on the house recently and are in the process of getting rid of 30 odd years of life junk. We thought it best to join this forum so we can hopefully pick the brains of all the experts on here. So i apologise in advance for several questions that we ask that will know doubt have been asked a hundred times before (we promise to use the search facility first).

Looking forward to some exciting times ahead

vwalan

hi and welcome .
but always remember experts ,,,,,ex is an unknown factor and a spert is a drip under pressure.
but ask anyway. we do try our best.

chrisjones18

Hi and welcome :thumb:
As said don't worry about the search, just ask all us experts:rofl:
Posts ,questions and answers wander a bit, though it's all in jest.
You will get the answer you are looking for, with a bit of luck..
Big step though in giving up a house....good luck

Thanks for the friendly welcomes, we have a Hymer B694 tag axle that we have owned for the last 3 years.We did a ten month trip in her in 2016 which planted the seed of selling up and going full time as we loved it so much and we enjoy each others company after being married 30 years. It's only bricks and mortar, life is too short (as you get older) to worry about such things and the authorities will only rob us of it anyway.

coolasluck

It seems there are numerous ways of fulltiming. My view on fulltiming was to live 365 in the vehicle whilst travelling and touring slowly around whilst at the same time getting rid of the house and contents living a simpler and perhaps braver life.Thats the option we took and we love it. We use cheap c.ls in this country and free Aires abroad along with wild camping.Good luck with your plans.

It seems there are numerous ways of fulltiming. My view on fulltiming was to live 365 in the vehicle whilst travelling and touring slowly around whilst at the same time getting rid of the house and contents living a simpler and perhaps braver life.Thats the option we took and we love it. We use cheap c.ls in this country and free Aires abroad along with wild camping.Good luck with your plans.
Same here, I don't know of any other way to full-time.

BigMomma

There is only one way to fulltime, that is the way that suits the individuals who are doing it :thumb: There are lots of different factors that dictate the ways that people choose to live their lives, what I think is important is the ability to be flexible and make changes to the 'plan' as and when required as well as an acceptance that people do things differently, there is no absolute right or wrong way and it is that aspect that makes the fulltiming lifestles of people more interesting, but that is just my personal opinion of course :) I think there has to be an element of bravery but actually 'fulltiming' being a brave thing to do depends on the circumstances of each individual, can it be considered brave if in fact the individual has the means and resources to enable a back up plan to be initiated if or when required ? is it braver to commit to fulltiming if the individual's concerned do not have the means or resources to implement a fall back option ?

coolasluck

When I joined this forum there was only one way of living the dream but it seems I'm wrong lol.
We have what we have and I have no pension just a down to earth attitude with life and living it.Good freinds of ours recently described us as brave,financialy, but I'm making sure we have our retirement now living modestly and within our means.Sure we don't live in cafes and restaurants but we never lived that way when we worked.Your a long time dead so best get living. Most I have seen on this forum state their aim is to get out of the habit of work and things they dont really need like property and stuff. Unfortunately a lot end up back to square one. We have made some bloody good freinds living as we do and this way of life is fantastic no property or stuff could drag me kicking and screaming back to it.

coolasluck

Funny but I'm getting a feeling of....I've been here before.....

BigMomma

I remember when you were doing the work on your new home and you still had the Hymer :thumb: You were not in a rush, you wanted to do it when you were ready and now you are profiting from your patience. I am not sure that there was ever only one way of fulltiming, when I started properly researching about fulltiming there were people who lived fulltime in large RV's who were permanently located on sites, others in smaller homes who drifted from place to place, some were retired, other's worked whilst they travelled, other's combined travelling for leisure for part of the time and then found work on the road as and when they needed so there has always been different ways of living on the road, Variety is the spice of life as they say :) you are right about their being a lot of friendly and interesting people out there living 'their' dream and it is really good to hear that you are really enjoying your own adventures, long may they continue for as long as you want them to in the manner you want to live them ;)

Adverts